The List

idnative1948

I thought was in the safe....Not! My little green book was not there! Frantically started looking and not to be found. Pretty much everything in totes from last year though so started again with the basics. Stopped off tonight to meet with a couple from our group and started comparing notes. One thing that I hadn't listed was my sleeping bag. How they H can you forget something like that? Like being too anal about the other stuff? Anybody? Only have until Sunday to get it to right and then off until the 17th.
Anybody get to camp and go, "Oh Fffffff I forgot my?"

I forget how many times we've had to stop at Amarillo's Gander Mountain to replace a necessity. Once for a pair of boots.

good luck & don't sweat the small chit

tent polesjoints for outfitter tent forgot by one of our crew....luckily that was just base camp and the weather was nice.....gps with way points for another guy....it happens

Within about a mile of leaving the house, my son says "I forgot my pillow, can we go back and get it?" I reply with "Yes, and we might as well get the sleeping bags as well." It happens.

Not quite as drastic, but I went to play in a golf tournament last year in Prineville, Or. Got almost halfway there and remembered my clubs were still in the garage waiting to be loaded in the car.
Brain Farts gotta love em!

I will be the first to admit it. I got excited for a Muley hunt and got halfway there when I realized I forgot my bow. :eek: To make matters worse, I didn't realize I had forgotten it until my wife called me and asked why I left my bow at the house. Luckily, she is a good sport and drove my bow out to me as I drove back to her, so I didn't have to go all the way home.

Within about a mile of leaving the house, my son says "I forgot my pillow, can we go back and get it?" I reply with "Yes, and we might as well get the sleeping bags as well." It happens.

I bet your son was thinking, man I feel embarrassed mentioning to Dad that I forgot something. This past Tuesday I was going on a one day fishing trip for crappies in MN meeting some buddies. I had the boat all the gear, hmmm 5 miles down the road, I thought I should go back for my fishing rod.

I will be the first to admit it. I got excited for a Muley hunt and got halfway there when I realized I forgot my bow. :eek: To make matters worse, I didn't realize I had forgotten it until my wife called me and asked why I left my bow at the house. Luckily, she is a good sport and drove my bow out to me as I drove back to her, so I didn't have to go all the way home.

You definitely have a considerate wife.

I forgot to tell the wife that i was going to work on the plane this morning, i hope our dog has an extra sleeping bag in the dog house, its suppose to be 28 degrees tonight!

I have the "list" on he computer for the trips. It gets printed out every trip and stuff gets crossed off as it is packed in he truck. I always add stuff to the list at the end of every trip (lighter for the stove).

good luck to all
the dog

I've only forgot my bag once...........:D

One of our family outings used to include being the first crew into Lake Shoshone in Yellowstone every year. We'd cross Lewis Lake in our aluminum boat, then drag canoes up the Lewis River after donning chest waders. We'd always go in the first week of June and catch Lakers. One year as we set up camp, my bag was nowhere to be found. I'm still blaming one of my older brothers but they just laugh at me. Sucked that all we had were mummy bags that you couldn't unzip and share a little. We'd wake every morning and have to break several inches of new ice on the lake to go fish. It was cold......................:eek:

I still catch flak over 15 years later but I ALWAYS make sure my bag is there.
-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

I have forgotten my bullets. Thank goodness grandpa shot the same gun!

Went duck hunting Sunday - my son forgot the duck calls.
Last year, the dog was left at home....let him out to go piddle and he never made it back in, let alone into the truck. Halfway to the lake I asked, 'where is the dog? Answer : What dog?'

As a teenager I cut out of school early and loaded the gear to pick up my dad from work for a weekend of archery hunting.
That night I realized I forgot the bag with the food in it....

We went without the first night and decided we could live off the land.

By noon we had lost or bent every arrow in the quiver shooting at grouse and squirrels.

We through in the towel and were at Lost River Drive In a couple hours later feasting on burgers, fries, and strawberry malts.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back