Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The herd grows

Yup. Night fishing with leeches and a Phelps floater. A bit over 11#.

attachment.php

If there are any of the new "hipster hunters" lurking the forum, they're probably frothing at the mouth looking at that coat.

Very nice Randy. I'm envious. If you ever get to Michigan's U.P., I'm sure Stillkickin and I could find some time to take you out on Little Bay De Noc.....try to top that Walleye!

If there are any of the new "hipster hunters" lurking the forum, they're probably frothing at the mouth looking at that coat.

My Mom bought that for Christmas around 1986. Wasn't quite my style, so it became my night fishing coat. It found its way to a trash bin in March, but got a few decades if fishing use. Had I known hipsters dig that stuff, I could've had Mrs. Fin spiff it up and maybe I could have sold it on Craigslist as a hipster's combo set along with Buschy's Michael Jackson archery glove.

The antelope look awesome. Where is the mule deer herd picture?

Antelope make great trophies. Randy, yours look great.
My wife Diane drew a WY lope tag and we hope to add to our indoor "herd" this fall.

Nice looking mounts. I love antelope hunting. For me it is always a little less stressful than deer or elk not sure why but that's how I view it.

Great looking herd! That is a really cool buck! I love the way he hooks down. My guess on the 3 hunters that passed by that buck is that they had already (prematurely) punched their tags. My son and I did our first Wyoming pronghorn hunt in 2010 and while we thought we did a good job of looking over some bucks before we tagged out around noon the first day we were wrong. Driving in to town for ice that afternoon we had to drive past at lest one certain Booner. Lesson learned.....

Big Fin, do you know if your pedestals are big enough to support a mule deer? Or does your taxi's supplier build a larger size. My last years Montana Muley hasn't been started by my taxi thinking of going from a wall pedestal mount to a floor pedestal. Thanks if you can help me out!

Big Fin, do you know if your pedestals are big enough to support a mule deer? Or does your taxi's supplier build a larger size. My last years Montana Muley hasn't been started by my taxi thinking of going from a wall pedestal mount to a floor pedestal. Thanks if you can help me out!

These would easily support a mule deer. Actually, would probably be better sized for a mule deer.

Very very nice Randy. My wife believes she is the only woman to have three shoulder mounts in her bedroom, but the line has been drawn.

Plenty more wall space available though:D

Big Fin could you do a quick blurb on how to care a trophy pronghorn during the drying period.

"Had I even the slightest clue as to how one takes care of a pronghorn during the drying period, both the NV and NM bucks would probably retained at least 1.0-1.5" of mass. Stupid me."

I currently have no clue thanks :confused:

Big Fin could you do a quick blurb on how to care a trophy pronghorn during the drying period.

"Had I even the slightest clue as to how one takes care of a pronghorn during the drying period, both the NV and NM bucks would probably retained at least 1.0-1.5" of mass. Stupid me."

I currently have no clue thanks :confused:

I'm personally not the guy to give that explanation. Now, they go immediately to the taxi, with instructions to pull the horns off the cores and get them bondo'd back on, as soon as possible. This last one, I handed off to Tony Grimmett, who in addition to starting Pronghorn Guide Service, is also a taxidermist who knows how to take care of a pronghorn. End result, the buck in WY officially grossed a bit higher than the green field score we gave him. Had I done that with the massive NM buck, it probably would have officially grossed around 88.5, rather than 86+.

Wish I had the wisdom to share. My wisdom comes in the form of having a good taxi on my speed dial and knowing what instructions to give him. If you do your own euro mounts on pronghorn, you could probably do the same thing.

When time off the road allows, I euro my own deer, and at times an elk, but I have not done a pronghorn. I leave that to guys who know what they are doing.

just ordered the Grimmmett video on field judging antelope. Just hope to shoot one this year that is big enough to send to the taxi.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back