Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

"The Great American Antler Boom"

sapperJ24

Interesting to see shed hunting discussed in The New Yorker. Article touches on some common themes, commercialization of sheds, influence of social media, and possible increasing regulations.

"Nearly all of them were men, a good number of whom were dressed in camouflage—an unnecessary choice, given that antlers don’t run."

Last edited:
This one made me chuckle...

"Nearby, a coed group from Kansas was huddled around a pickup truck, where a twenty-seven-year-old Pfizer employee was holding court. He told his friends that he had run more than seven hundred miles in the past nine months to prepare for antler season."

Paraphrased = "chicks dig shed hunting, bro" #keephammering #myshedworkoutistougherthanuyours

Huh. I've noticed the novelty too. We use moose antlers for chew toys. I use the base of the antlers as it has the odors of the blood vessel n fat tissue. Been training our Chesapeake Bay Retriever to find them. The dog loves to hunt. And they make the best dog chew toy.
Looks like folks found a way to make a buck. I'm ok with that I guess. Ridiculous how newspapers try to glamorize things. A fellow fell off a horse crossing a creek. Kazillions of other didn't fall off their horse n skin their knee. Jeesh! I couldn't make it through, probably ends with folks thinking that we need more government. Maybe some good jobs in our community would help.

"Nearby, a coed group from Kansas was huddled around a pickup truck, where a twenty-seven-year-old Pfizer employee was holding court. He told his friends that he had run more than seven hundred miles in the past nine months to prepare for antler season."

Paraphrased = "chicks dig shed hunting, bro" #keephammering #myshedworkoutistougherthanuyours
Heck, shed season is when I start my workout. Roll back the rock on the front of my cave and work off my winter baby fat.

I guess I’m just not core enough.

I've drank nearly 700 beers since last season. I'm just about ready.

oh yah this spring is going to be amazing, just amazing in the mountains. :cautious: Every Tom Dick and Harry from out east will be out here hoping to make "$30k" finding and selling antlers and getting promos, walking around videoing themselves to post on IG......

The author forgot to leave out the fact that "Ursus arctos horribilis" is highly active around Jackson Hole, gonna be some surprised people.....

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back