the diet

AZHUNTERR

An overweight businessman decided it was time to shed some of the excess weight he had accumulated over the years.
He had his annual physical and talked things over with his physician. Exercise and diet were to be the key
elements of his new lifestyle.
So he began walking every evening and took his new diet seriously. He even changed his driving route to the office to avoid having to pass by one of his more serious centres of temptation the local bakery.
One morning he arrived at the office with a gigantic coffeecake and a box each of chocolate-iced doughnuts and Danish pastries. His assistant looked at him with raised eyebrows. But he simply smiled.
"This is a very special day," he explained. "I inadvertently happened to drive by the bakery this morning, and the sight and smell of these delicacies seemed to call my name.
I felt there was something very purposeful about my being on that street at that very time, but then I remembered my diet. So I prayed, 'Lord, if you want me to have some of those delicious breads, give me a sign! Let me have a parking place directly in front of the bakery's front door.' "
"Sure enough," he said, "on my twelfth trip around the block, there it was!"

Back