Caribou Gear Tarp

The bighorn sheep small odds got me thinking. What tags have you had <1% odds?

Been on a little bit of a lucky streak lately. These are all non-resident tags.

2012 Montana Mountain Goat
2015 Montana Bighorn Sheep
2016 Utah Early Rifle Boulder Elk
2017 Nevada Desert Bighorn Sheep

Had a lot of years of drawing nothing also.

That is absolutely incredible. Well done.

I've failed to draw a 70% antelope tag for the past two consecutive years, and haven't drawn a quota tag for any species that was less than 90%.

I guess I'm a different kind of lucky.

By far my best draw was a moose tag in 2017 (Montana). Just went through the odds (after the fact) and it was 1.3% draw for me with 10 pts.

I did draw a rifle Either Sex Elk tag in Eastern MT in 2012, but with my points then I was in the 10-15% range.

I'm hoping for a Mtn Goat tag this year. My odds are around 8% right now with my points. I'm optimistic, at least I will be until mid June.

I've failed to draw a 70% antelope tag for the past two consecutive years, and haven't drawn a quota tag for any species that was less than 90%.

I guess I'm a different kind of lucky.

I'm right there with you...I didn't draw a 75% chance antelope tag last year. But I put my partners first choice as my second choice and with an increase in tags we were able to hunt the same unit.

I think the best I've ever done was drawing a deer tag where the odds were between 60-75%. I've pretty much resigned myself that I just have crappy draw luck

Have a pard that drew all the OIL tags in ID (moose, sheep X2, mtn goat) over a 7 year span. Don't know that any one had sub 1% odds, but the combo in that time frame has to be close.

Have a pard that drew all the OIL tags in ID (moose, sheep X2, mtn goat) over a 7 year span. Don't know that any one had sub 1% odds, but the combo in that time frame has to be close.

I don't know whether to hate him or think that maybe I could get on a similar run someday

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back