Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

The Bearded one!

'Ike'

No, not that one...:D This one...Always have a few running around! Fall she get's it, Spring she gets a pass...

Attachments

• Bearded Lady.jpg
    Bearded Lady.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 203
Cool pic

I made a quick shot on a bird last spring in KS only to find out that it was a bearded hen. Was a little disappointed at first but thought better of it later on.

We get quite a few in the areas I hunt, not sure why...I'll smack 'em in the Fall! :cool:

Attachments

• Bearded Lady.jpg
    Bearded Lady.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Bearded Lady (2).JPG
    Bearded Lady (2).JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 128
You're in California. Don't they allow gay marriage there? Maybe it's not really a bearded hen, but a "confused" tom waiting on the state funding to be approved for his operation... :D

Yowsers! Definetly eliminate those from the gene pool!

I'm pretty sure most bearded hens are fertile. Least that's what I've heard I take it that's your rationale for only shooting them in the fall Ike?

Cool pictures.

Cool picture! We shot a bearded hen a few years back. It was my first time bowhunting for turkeys, and it was the first legal bird to come in, so I figured what the heck.
ry%3D480

I'm pretty sure most bearded hens are fertile. Least that's what I've heard I take it that's your rationale for only shooting them in the fall Ike?

Cool pictures.

That's it, they lay like regular hens....They just have a lil chin whiskers! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back