Thanks, Leupold

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
One of our greatest partners is Leupold Optics.

If you want to see a cool story about a family business that has grown to be a leader in the hunting industry, go to this link and you will see that this long-standing American company is growing, employing 650 skilled workers here in America, and leading the industry with their tremendous support and reinvestment back into hunting and conservation.

Thanks, Leupold. Proud to be one of your partners.

http://www.leupold.com/about-us/leupold-living-history/

about-us-1200x3301.jpg

I am proud to feed my family by representing the best optics company in the world..... And thanks right back to you Randy, and the rest of you Hunt Talkers, for your support. It is cool to be a part of a community like we have here on HT, with guys that can still appreciate the value and quality of a product built by a true American company.

I have my stock scope on my savage currently though every time I venture towards scopes, my focus is only on Leupold.
One day it will be a Leupold and that is specifically from the comments and the show's presentation of Leupold... One day I'll catch a good promo and make the purchase... One day.

Thanks for your support of our interests and what an inspiring story!

Leupold is living proof the American work ethic still exists. They have helped me feed my family for 35 years with their scopes .One of my favorite American companies.

What a cool presentation.
When your life depends on it, you can depend on Leupold.
IMG_1442.JPG
When I was scanning the mountains last week looking for the guys that kept shooting at us with my crappy binos, I would look at areas of interest through the Leupold scope mounted on this rifle (above). Man what a difference between cheap glass and Great glass.
The Army's best guns are mounted with Leupold scopes.
Barrett.50.jpg
I too will some day own Leupold optics!

MSG Ray White

Leupolds are on the majority of my rifles and I've yet to have a problem with any of them. If I do, I know their warranty is the best in the business. Three cheers for Leupold!!!

That was a pretty cool tribute to a great American company. I too have several Leupold scopes and will continue to purchase their products.

On a side note while watching the tribute, I noticed a slide where Norbert takes over the company. In the slide is a metal file holder and the date is 1968, which is five years before I was born, I actually broke out laughing and had to call my wife into my office.

I too have one of those on my desk right next to my computer, a testament to my thriftiness I guess. I knew I was tight and that thing was old, but sheesh.

And I'll keep using it because it still works.:D

Attachments

• IMG_20140301_083517_260.jpg
    IMG_20140301_083517_260.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 291
Quality optics.Have a pessel of em. My goto rifle wears the oldest scope I own...a Vari X III. Interesting view and read Fin....

What a cool presentation.
When your life depends on it, you can depend on Leupold.

When I was scanning the mountains last week looking for the guys that kept shooting at us with my crappy binos, I would look at areas of interest through the Leupold scope mounted on this rifle (above). Man what a difference between cheap glass and Great glass.
The Army's best guns are mounted with Leupold scopes.

I too will some day own Leupold optics!

MSG Ray White

You can't post a picture like that without giving us some details Ray. Something says that's not an off the shelf vx1.

You can't post a picture like that without giving us some details Ray. Something says that's not an off the shelf vx1.

Well………OK. The rifle is a SAS (Special Air Service) made by Knight that shoots a 7.62 bullet (We had SCAR-H's with us as well). It has that long suppressor on it and sounds awesome when you shoot it. The scope is a military variant of this scope
http://www.leupold.com/tactical/scopes/mark-8-riflescopes/mark-8-3-5-25x56mm-m5b2-front-focal/
A little out of my price range. The piece on the front (connected by a neoprene sleeve) is a thermal adapter (for night killing) that comes off for daytime use. The bottom pic is of course the Barrett .50cal. Every EOD team has one of those. We didn't have one of those for this last trip but sure could have used it as our targets were usually out of effective M4 range.

All I own is Leopoldo optics. Started in 1997 when I got water inside my non-wp binoculars, disassembled and screwed them up. I shipped them in to fix. I asked for a quote to repair them and instead they shipped me a brand new wp pair! So due to that all I buy is Leopoldo. Spotting scope, rifle scope, shotgun scope, mzl scope, 2 pair binoculars.

I too really like the Leupold products I have. SImilarly, I don't know of any other optics company that have a custom shop that allows one to change reticles, turrets, etc.

Now, if I could just get them to make just a few tweaks to some of their products they'd be perfect! ;) :D ;)

Great success story. I love the Gold Rings on my rifles.

I do wish they would have Gold Ring binos that would compete with alpha euros.

Leupold is all I have on my serious hunting rifles, but will admit to slumming a few old weaver k-4's on a couple back-up rifles. Still have a pair of leupold binocs and a spotting scope as well.

Leupold just produces a good quality product with a great warranty.

Great products. I use a wide variety of them from scopes, spotters, and binos. Unbeatable warranty!

On a different forum, someone asked for a scope suggestion without giving many specifics.

Here is my response;

When asked for a general recommendation on a riflescope, it’s hard not to recommend “Leupold”.

No matter what your use or preferences, Leupold has a scope to do the job and do it very well.

Unless someone is looking for a very cheap scope, Leupold has a scope in your price range, and I never recommend really cheap scopes.

The glass on Leupolds might not be as good as the best “Alpha” glass, but on the higher end models it’s very close and priced accordingly.

Leupolds warrantee is among the best in the business, way better than most, and their customer service is legendary.

Leupolds are well known for long lasting, reliable, repeatable performance.

I’m not a fan boy, I do own other scopes, but it’s always hard to argue with a Leupold.

Pick your price point, pick the appropriate magnification, and shop Leupold. You can’t go wrong.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SubSpider
Back