Thank you Buzz

mdunc8

for introducing me to the world of Sal Soda (aka soda ash). I will NEVER boil another skull without it. Anyone who does their own europeans is crazy not to use this stuff. After beer, it might be the best thing man has ever created.

Scroll down to the bottom of the first page of this thread (http://onyourownadventures.com/hunttalk/showthread.php?t=244793) to see Buzz's instructions. I think I used slightly less than 1/2 cup per gallon since the store I stopped at had just about run out. Still worked great. If you're in a hurry, you can pick this stuff at craft stores (e.g., Jo-Ann Fabrics). It'll be in the fabric dye section. Look for "soda ash". However, you'll probably pay more than you would through a taxidermy supplier. I had to pay $5 for a 1 cup pack. It's $8 for a 5lb bag on most taxidermy websites.

Turns the stuff to jelly and makes it way easy to clean off. I use a pressure washer on low pressure and the stuff jus comes flying off. If it still has more stuff I put it back into the simmering brew and do it all over again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back