Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Tent

1whohunts

I want to purchase a tent that I can pack in so it needs to be lightweight and be able to hold up to the weather. I would like one that sets up in a short amount of time. I hunt in montana. If anyone has information on a tent just for one person I would appreciate it.

These are the two I have been using recently.

Black Diamond HiLight, two person, but light enough. Room for me and pup.

Big Agnes Copperspur1

Happy with both of them.

Quite a few good backpack tents. The two pictured are good examples. Get one with the full rain fly as in the ones shown by mtmiller. Get one listed as a two man for one person. Basically if listed as a two man it's good for one. If you need it for two get a three man. I spend a month alone(September) in one in the high country and do just fine through good weather, rain, or snow with mine. REI has some good ones as well.

Quite a few good backpack tents. The two pictured are good examples. Get one with the full rain fly as in the ones shown by mtmiller. Get one listed as a two man for one person. Basically if listed as a two man it's good for one. If you need it for two get a three man. I spend a month alone(September) in one in the high country and do just fine through good weather, rain, or snow with mine. REI has some good ones as well.

I love REI and am lucky I have one about 2 miles from the house :) The "No questions asked return policy" can't be beat for piece of mind.

I just picked up a store returned Big Agnes Fly creek UL3 in excellent shape for $250 off eBay. I have been eying this tent for about a year because it will fit 2 people and weighs about 3.5 pounds (1.6kg for Devon). I had a REI Taj 3 that I loved but it weighed 7 pounds, way too heavy to pack, IMO. Just buy the tent you want, you will waste money if you have to upgrade or want lighter option in the future.

I use the MSR Hubba (one person), great dry light weight tent at reasonable $.

I use a Big Agnes Fly Creek UL2 for work. I survived 8 nights (half of them rainy) last month. As a bigger person, I'll admit it would be nicer if it were a touch bigger to get my gear in more comfortably.

+1 on the 2 man for one person. The industry standard is to take the floor space and divide by the amount of square footage for a small mummy bag and round up!

I just picked up a store returned Big Agnes Fly creek UL3 in excellent shape for $250 off eBay. I have been eying this tent for about a year because it will fit 2 people and weighs about 3.5 pounds (1.6kg for Devon).
Sorry i am 'old English' (in fact 54 years young today!) as i deal in pounds/ounces/feet/miles

In the photo below the tent on the left is a Marmot (2 person) then my Hilleberg middle foreground and the rear is a Terra Nova

Cheers

Richard

Options listed are great. I use Big Agnes, got it used on the cheap on the forum site rokslide.com
Super light and keeps you dry and warm. Take a look at used before you buy new. Could save a couple 100 $ like I did.

I have Big Agnes Seedhouse 2, and a GoLite ShangriLa 5. Both great tents but they fill vastly different niches. The GoLite can be used as a floorless with the same weight as the BA.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back