Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Talley Anti Cant

MThuntr

Has anyone added the Talley Anti Can Ring top to their scope mounts? Considering one for my 7mm-08 to make sure I'm keeping things level. Curious if it's a pain to install and work with. Also curious how it looks when in shooting position.

Has anyone added the Talley Anti Can Ring top to their scope mounts? Considering one for my 7mm-08 to make sure I'm keeping things level. Curious if it's a pain to install and work with. Also curious how it looks when in shooting position.

Not sure how it could be any harder to install than an ordinary top scope ring. NightForce offers something similar. Thing is that you have to use their rings. One fault that I can see is the bubble doesn't entirely fill the space between the lines, leaving one to "guess" about when things are level. Sorry for the big pic, but I borrowed if offa Amazon.

s-l1600.jpg

Last edited:
I tend to use almost exclusively Talley on my hunting rifles so the fact no issues there but I think I'm probably going to pass on these anyway. I don't want to have to take my cheek off the rifle to peek at the level. Probably go with something on the scope I can see while aiming

The NightForce seems to have a better fit of the bubble between the lines just guesstimating from the pic shown on eBay.

I bought a couple of these off of eBay, made by Mounting Solutions Plus. U.S.A. made.

$_61.JPG

I set it close to the power selector ring. Took an empty Kleenex box and cut a couple notches in it. Next I took it outside and set the scope in the notches and turned it until the vertical crosshair was aligned with the straight edge of a building. I could have used a plumbline too. Then I adjusted the level until the bubble was situated between the lines when the vertical crosshair was vertically aligned. So when I go to the range, I'll know when the rifle is not level, because it won't be the scope.

SH7ZE6f.jpg

Last edited:
There's always these Zeiss rings, tho I don't know if having the level off to the side would help you that much.

s-l1600.jpg

I just threw on the Talley level this winter. Played around with it at the kitchen table a lot. I like it so far, not big and sticking up too much so it still will slide into a scabbard without problems. Good reminder for me to check my level after getting set up. It was pretty easy to install with their xbolt rings that I have on it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fish406
Back