Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Take a flat lander elk hunting

Welcome gw! What part of the Hoosier state do you call home and/or hunt? I live in the mess surrounding Indy, but hunt in the southern part of the state near Patoka Lake. I grew up north of Evansville in the small town of Haubstadt.

Stay around, make fun of folks, share stories/pics. Great group of guys/gals here that can be a wealth of information. I've done a bit of western hunting and am willing to help, but there's a lot I still learn here.

Thanks all for the warm invite. 1_pointer, I live in between Muncie and NewCastle but commute to Carmel to work. I just moved to a place that has 20 acres so I have been doing some deer hunting there. I'm originally from Michigan so I also go there to hunt deer and turkey. I've only lived in Indiana for 3 years, but this spring I met some people through my wife and we went turkey hunting on the state land near Leavenworth.

I'll definitely stay around and make fun of folks. I might actually try to learn some things to. I got drawn for a unit 52 pronghorn tag in WY and am using the trip as a "scouting" trip for Elk. I've never been out west to hunt so I'm sure I have a TON to learn. If there are any leftover reduced price tags left I might try to swing one of those and try to get lucky on my first time out. :)

Good deal! I used to work in Muncie and live in Noblesville. There's the state land (Wilbur Wright) north of New Castle, but it gets a LOT of pressure. I've only really hunted squirrels there, but I think with some scouting a guy might be able to have some luck during the very beginning of bow season. The place I have is in the same county as Leavenworth (Crawford Co.) just on the west side over by the lake. For Indiana, that part of the state definitely has a bit of room to roam and explore. Were you guys able to find any turkeys? Here's the one I shot there the first weekend:

Good luck with the pronghorn! For me, hunting the is about as fun as it gets. Since I got a bit lucky with tags for other species this year I won't be hunting them, but it is great fun!

Welcome gw....Iv been poked at a time or two but it's been all in good fun.....there are a really good bunch if guys on here,just get to know some of them and you will see. You can learn anything you need to know right here just by reading the posts. Lots of Hoosiers lately....where has Junkie been......:cool:

1_pointer, yeah I actually only live about 5 miles from Wilbur Wright. When I first moved down to Carmel, through work I met a DNR damn inspector and he gave up his honey hole at WR. The first time out during bow season I tagged a rag horn 5 pointer. I lived in an apartment at the time and the apartment repair man actually let me butcher it in their tool shed at the apartment. I worked quick but I did get a couple of weird looks from people walking their dog and seeing deer hooves sticking out above the privacy fence of the workshop. It's not a big one but I was pretty proud of my first Indiana buck.

386273_10100411015872812_402454246_n.jpg

For turkey hunting we went the second weekend and heard a bunch of birds but never saw any. But it was still fun to be out in the woods for the first time this year.

Congrats! Great story about the butchering. Funny to me how for being "mid-western" so many folks around here are ignorant to making meat. Two weekends ago the neighbor and I took our sons fishing and brought home a mess. Folks were amazed and some grossed out to watch me filet them. It was completely foreign to them. Weird to me as I grew up watching/helping my dad make meat.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back