Summer Plans

Summitthunting

My dad and I are booking a late June, week long trip to Lawrence Bay Lodge on Reindeer lake for pike, walleye and lakers. Kansas wipers and walleye over Memorial Day weekend. South Dakota Walleye over the 4th of July. What are everyone's fishing plans for the summer?

Nothing big travel wise. My goal is to finally start fly fishing, and get a few weekends floating/camping in the canoe.

610AD1B9-2279-4E7B-B93F-420E4648A8C6.jpg

A lot of this starting soon;

...and a mid August escape to SW Colorado with the boys' families for a week of fishing and cool mountain relaxation.

Haven't thought about plans for the summer,...too busy trying to find time to fish right now.

Attachments

• 20140107_154831.jpg
    20140107_154831.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 227
I will be making my yearly pilgrimage to the lower keys for two weeks to do some fishing and spearfishing with my family....Kinda helps when your in-laws live there full time.....Other than that some Striper fishing from the beach ...maybe some trout fishing...if i can squeeze it in.....:cool:

My dad and I are booking a late June, week long trip to Lawrence Bay Lodge on Reindeer lake for pike, walleye and lakers. Kansas wipers and walleye over Memorial Day weekend. South Dakota Walleye over the 4th of July. What are everyone's fishing plans for the summer?

Where are you headed in South Dakota?

My goal for this summer is to get a pike on topwater and a carp on the flyrod. I also just go a GoPro, so I'd like to get some footage of bowfishing and fly fishing.

Depends when I go.....August usually is ok for bones on the flats.... early and late in the day in August the water temp is in the mid to upper 80's so you need a falling tide just after daybreak and last 2 hrs of the day.. Some of my father in laws friends know where to go for them in August and my in laws just picked up a flats boat so looks like it will be bones and lobsters with something else thrown in. There are resident tarpon year round down there so if i go out at night I usually try to go after them when I can and the Mutton Snapper bite at night is really good as well. . We sight fish offshore for Mahi's if the water isnt to sloppy...you can see them from 50 yds away under floating debris out there. The water is so clear and blue and they stick out like a sore thumb. .....:cool:

boof - We are going to hit Angostura on the way up to Mt. Rushmore, Reptlie gardens etc. with the kids.

L.I. Yankee - I caught a few bones in Turks and Caicos, but have never tried tarpon. They are certainly on my list. My brother and I are going to try a DIY bonefish trip to the keys in a few years, man those things are fun.

You can easily do a diy bonefish in the keys....Id go to the lower keys....way more back country....plenty of campgrounds....way lighter crowds...boat rentals ect......:cool:

If we draw general WY Elk, I reckon we will go scout some new country and do some fishing along the way. Nothing fancy just spinners.

I'll throw a backpack rod in if I get away to the Eastern Sierra this year or the Trinity Alps. But once the hunting season is open...I only fish with blood on my hands...

Backpacking and fishing in the Beartooths with my two sons. It should be fun.

Back