Suggestions on some new equipment

blue devil

Looking for some suggestions on some new equipment of a wide variety, as my pack with binoculars and knives were stolen from my garage along with my good hunting pants, coat, boots were also taken.

Suggestions on a good, comfortable pack for mostly deer and antelope hunting, but possibly elk hunting in the future. Nothing too bulky and large

Good pants and coat for all seasons as I live in SD and you don't what tomorrow's weather will really be like.

Suggestions on a good, comfortable pack for mostly deer and antelope hunting, but possibly elk hunting in the future. Nothing too bulky and large

I'd go for something small and light, 2500 cubic inches or so. If and when you actually go elk hunting, buy a different pack.

MR makes some smaller models. I'm using an Eberlestock X2 right now for deer hunting and really like it.

Good pants and coat for all seasons as I live in SD and you don't what tomorrow's weather will really be like.

This piece of gear does not exist to my knowledge. Let me know if you find it!

Seriously though, Cabelas Microtex pants will do for most cold-ish weather (you can layer them with long underwear for temps around 0). I like Sitka's Jetstream jacket for most November weather (usually too hot for hiking though).

I think a lot of answers will be dependent on your price ranges. I know that I have chosen very carefully where to spend the bigger $$$ and have gotten a lot of my gear on the lower side. For instance, for my layering I use polypros that I have gotten from the Army. Also, coats will vary greatly depending on how "hot" you run. I have a very hot engine. On my just past 2nd season hunt I was wearing only a silk-weight polypro top while moving with temps in the 20s through 50s. The other layers were in the pack for the times I stopped and sat. Just some points to ponder.

I agree with the Eberlestock X2. I have had mine for three years and am very happy with it. I tried a badlands super day which is a nice pack, but still like the eberlestock better. Good luck with your shopping. Scheel's should have just about anything you need.

Depends on your price point, but I think this stuff is of of bang for the buck:

Vortex viper hd's 10x42
Badlands 2200 pack
I'm wearing a pair of meindle boots now any will try crispis once these are toast, both are real nice.
For early bow hunting I wear cabelas microtex in the outfitter camo. Cooler weather I wear a merino wool base layer and this year am trying some of badlands apparel and have been really happy with it. I ran with underarmor apparel last year and like the pants.
Knives of Alaska are nice, I carry a cheap victorinox parring knife to do most of the work. Those blades cost around 2 bucks and are awesome.

You can spend a lot more on product and get a bit better stuff but bang for buck this is a solid line up.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back