Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Stuck Outside Harbor

JustinsDad

We’ve been sitting here outside Channel Islands harbor forever. We went swordfishing for the day, come back and there’s an active shooter on the end of the jetty. We can see him clearly. Looks like he’s ready to end his life. Cops are backing off. Helicopter left. A hundred boats stuck out here. I bet we’re stuck here for the night. This is a busy harbor and lots of people stranded here

We’ve been sitting here outside Channel Islands harbor forever. We went swordfishing for the day, come back and there’s an active shooter on the end of the jetty. We can see him clearly. Looks like he’s ready to end his life. Cops are backing off. Helicopter left. A hundred boats stuck out here. I bet we’re stuck here for the night. This is a busy harbor and lots of people stranded here
Crazy! We will be thinking of you and hoping for a safe ending.

Hope your weather holds. Most likely will down there. Could be a long standoff.
I'd like to fish out of there for white seabass someday.

Which boat?

I’m on my buddy’s boat Predator. Coast guard says we’re all going to follow them in. We can see the guy on the end of the jetty. He only has a handgun.

New Hustler, Mirage, Sea Biscuit are the charter boats stuck here with us. Supposedly this guy shot someone at the Rudder Room-a bar in the harbor. They chased him to the end of the jetty but then they backed off and just seemed to be scared. People on the radio are complaining about the complacency of the Oxnard PD. It’s getting ugly.

Back