Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Stubby bites the dust

mtmiller

I have been following Greenie around for a while, so I know where stubby is hanging out. I put him down this morning, but unfortunately there was quite a bit of ground shrinkage. :D
P1120856.JPG

Since fishing last week and going to Alaska in the morning with some work in between, I have not been able to get out. I figured this was my last shot so I planned to hunt a couple hours this morning. Hit the mark at 50 yards. This will be the smallest buck post on here for the year, but he will eat well.

I will be without my hunting partner for the next 12 days, so I let him join me this morning.
P1120851.JPG

Well I am out the door shortly to head to Kodiak. Good luck to all.

Craig,

That is a pretty good shot 50 yds. Glad to see you can come down to some of our standards once in a while. Congrats on the speedgoat.

Nemont

Like Tom said about your mulie buck-

It looks bigger with you holding it too!

:D :D

Nice stick at 50 (that would make you a slob on another thread LOL) and best of luck up on Kodiak!

Very nice MT. It's tough to get those little guys with the bow and arrow. Did you shoot him from a ground blind or S&S.

Congrats again.

IB

Craig congrats on the archery lope, as always you take some awsum pics...

the first pic did the dog take that for you?

Delw

we need a better story though!
Alright, I am at motel in GF with nothing to do, so here goes.

Last night was dart night, which led to a few too many G&T's and Miller Lites. Therefore I was a little rusty this morning. I was headed to where I had seen a pretty good buck a few weeks ago, when I saw this guy harrassing a doe near the road. I was running late and didn't want to stop, but thought what the hell, let's see what this decoy will do. I sneeked over the hill and ranged him at 122 yards. I don't have the 120 pin dialed in very well, so I just angled towards him with the decoy in front. Not a very smart lope since the decoy was walking backwards. :rolleyes:

I ran out of good cover, so I checked the range. Forty-five yards, hell, this should be close enough. As I drew, he moved about 5 yards further away. I adjusted and sent off an arrow. Crap, I stayed locked on my pins and didn't watch the arrow flight very well. He jumped and trotted another ten yards. Must have shot high. He and the doe just stared and I figured they were probably too far for a decent shot any more.

After about 20-30 seconds the doe turns and walks away. The buck starts to follow. At that point he looked like me the night before as he staggered and fell over. :confused: Guess the shot wasn't high. :D

He got back up, walked another 20 yards and laid down. I walked back to the pick-up and drove up the road a few miles. Saw some sharpies and huns on the road, so I let Axl out for some fun. Shotgun was at home, but Ax appreciated the fun anyway. After about 45 minutes I drove back and found a dead lope. Pictures, gutting, dragging (no pack this year ;) ) and a load job.

Got home, quartered him up, and put him in the chest freezer. I have a gal from work staying at my house and watching Ax. She may get a surprise if she opens the freezer and finds the cape and head on top. No, he isn't going on the wall, but I know a guy that was looking for a cape to practice on.

There's a flipping story Schmaltsy. I hope to hear a better one from you when I get home.

Craig, can you be more specific on this "gal" staying at your place watching axle... is it a decoy or the real thing ;)

Delw

Lope hunting with bow is a kick, did a little bit this season had alot of fun, congrats.

wells double congrats there--first for getting the critter and then taking one out of the herd that wears ankle bracelets!!! can't be having such goats running around the countryside--chris

mtmiller said:
. Not a very smart lope since the decoy was walking backwards. :rolleyes:

There's a flipping story Schmaltsy. I hope to hear a better one from you when I get home.
All right miller, i caant resist.... When you said the decoy was walking backwards i could only think of one thing.... remember the old saying "If a lope was as ugly as you i would shave his ass and make him walk backwards"
I could only picture this decoy with your hairless face sticking out of the ass :D I hope someone here Photoshops something up for the occation :D

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back