Story of ID F&G......

It was on MM I guess, and posted by SS himself:

http://www.monstermuleys.info/cgi-b..._thread&om=14826&forum=DCForumID6&archive=yes

Jerome man pleads guilty to poaching

Times-News

BOISE - Two men pleaded guilty Monday to illegally killing a trophy mule deer in Lincoln County, according to a U.S. Department of Justice news release.

Ronnie A. Gardner, 54, of Jerome, admitted helping Gary A. Lehnherr, 41, of McFarland, Wis., shoot the deer on Oct. 27, 2004, with a high-caliber center-fire rifle east of Idaho Highway 75, in an area where only traditional muzzleloaders were allowed. Lehnherr transported the antlers back to his home, and the pair originally told investigators the kill had been made west of the highway.

Idaho Department of Fish and Game investigators learned of the kill on Oct. 30, 2004, and traced the deer to Gardner's son's taxidermy shop. Gardner first claimed that he and Lehnherr were hunting with muzzleloaders east of Highway 75 when they scared the deer.

They then found the deer on the other side of the highway several days later, he said, and shot it with the center-fire rifle.

Investigators found the actual kill site with the help of a local hunter. DNA from blood and hair found at the site was matched to DNA from the deer's antlers, proving the deer was shot there. The animal was so big, investigators said, that it would have gone into the record books had it been taken with a traditional muzzleloader.

The crime is considered a misdemeanor, and the pair faces maximum penalties of one year in prison and a fine of $100,000. They have also agreed to have their hunting privileges revoked for three years and have each paid $1,000 in restitution. Lehnherr also paid $700 in investigative costs. They will be sentenced on Oct. 15.

The buck is lifesize mounted at the region 4 office in Jerome, very impressive buck, too bad he was poached. Pretty sad deal when you screw up a hunt with an Idaho super tag.

I for one am tired of hearing the stories of big bucks being taken illegally. From idiots that wont hunt them or get knowledge of area's.
We will wait and see the outcome.....

.....But in the end we will find out.....

I have stepped in on conversations and asked if they where there or if they saw it with there own eyes and every time I have I got the same response. Well no I wasn't. Then I just say " Before you open your mouth about anything then know what you are talking about" Believe me I have done it a few times as I am outspoken.

S.S. , SS34 wasn't the one to get accused of the poaching, It was one of his friends ?

Sounds to me like he was a better friend to the guy who didn't shoot straight with him...than the other way around. Who hasn't been in that situation?

I remember he used to get some good critters and looked like a wild man in the pictures he posted.

Sounds to me like he was a better friend to the guy who didn't shoot straight with him...than the other way around. Who hasn't been in that situation?

Too many times. :(

Entire story is printed in Fall/Winter 2008 edition of Idaho Game Warden Magazine. Complicated story.

Here is something that will make all hunters sick..
This is posted here because it is mule deer related.
Start it off with this. You spend money to win a raffle for a super tag and spend money to travel out to Idaho to hunt after winning a mule deer tag. Only to take a huge buck of a lifetime and have a envious little pr@#$ call you in for poaching and get a Federal Officer show up at your house to confiscate the horns and have 8 F&G cops show up at your Taxidermist to take the hide that you where planning on having a full body mount done. ALL on anonymous phone call.
That 218 big buck I posted last month this happened to that buck and hunter. What does this say about Idaho Fish & Game? Just a phone call. Some little piece of sh@# that sits in a little hole and was mad his little peon of a buck was no match for this true monster of a buck. Got to pout because there are true hunters out there that scout and will put there good friend on monster bucks instead of whining because they cant get off there 4 wheelers or out of there trucks to find the big ones of there dreams.
The other thing that gets me is this. They went into my friends place of business which is his livelyhood and makes a new customer sit in there truck till they have gone. The F&G officers did this. Made my friend lose business or potential business from rumors that will fly. The total disrespect from F&G and total unprofessional courtesy they did not show towards him. All over a phone call. I hear rumors fly on almost every big buck but there is no evidence just a phone call. It makes me worried to keep trying for big ones. Because if F&G can attack this then what happens if they go to someone that doesnt have the means to fight back. Meaning money. I feel the CAP program is good but to wait or not to act on a call or to have no other evidence than just saying whatever. There has to be a medium here and not someone that is envious or jealous of a buck. When will it stop when someone who hunt hard or just happens to be in the right place at the right time gets called in. F&G wants to make money off these tags and wants to make more but to go after a hunter that has spent alot of money for the SUPER TAG and spends money to come here and the money he spent while here. I would be a little nervous of coming to Idaho to hunt trophy animals.
But this irks every sense in me. I for one would bust someones jaws if they came out and told me they called any of these guys in. I would vouch for my friends Dad 100%. He has more knowledge than most people I know of mule deer in the units he goes into. But to make up stories is BS.
Sorry to go on but the F&G has showed me again very unprofessional and disrespectful towards what there job should be.

Moosie, this is what I meant. I knew he wasn't the one that was accused, just the one standing up for his budds. He was wrong wasn't he. Birds of a feather Moosie, birds of a feather.:rolleyes:

You're mixing up someone that thought they new someone and took their word for it as someone who was involved with it. Maybe Google the phrase "Birds of a Feather" so ya know what that "Actually" means.......

John, I think he got tiered of some of the drama and stopped posting. He might have gone toe to toe with someone or someones ??? I have a hard time remembering, but I like him as well.

One of his pics with him and a big muley used to be hanging in the gas station in Filer. He sure seemed to have the big muley's with a bow down...

I don't remember what he looked like?

Who is this...

Buck1.jpg

That story talks about the unfair restitution, slap on the wrist, etc... However, wasn't the author in some trouble with ID F&G a few years back??

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back