Caribou Gear Tarp

Stinky pack

2rocky

During the first couple of days of my Archery hunt, I was haunted with a unpleasant odor that I later discovered was a Sandwich from last hunting Season (2022). It had reduced to a bag of black liquid. Some of which had soaked into the spotting scope sleeve of my pack. I washed it with Laundry detergent and now my pack has a smell of fancy stinky cheese...You know the kind that smells horrible but tastes good? Think Camembert....
1694103714541.png

What are my options? Soaking? Spray treatments? Fire?

Give it a few soaks in hot water with Oxiclean. If that doesn't work you may have to hit it with a pressure washer.

During the first couple of days of my Archery hunt, I was haunted with a unpleasant odor that I later discovered was a Sandwich from last hunting Season (2022). It had reduced to a bag of black liquid. Some of which had soaked into the spotting scope sleeve of my pack. I washed it with Laundry detergent and now my pack has a smell of fancy stinky cheese...You know the kind that smells horrible but tastes good? Think Camembert....
View attachment 291252

What are my options? Soaking? Spray treatments? Fire?
Sell it on rockslide!

I've had good luck using the carwash, hang it in the clamps for floor mats and go to town, it's always incredible to me how much dirt a pack can hold...
definitely not in the manufacturer recommendations but I've never ruined a pack doing it...

Wash it a few more times... Get a drill brush and some dawn dish soap, then go crazy on it... That shit cleans everything!

What kind of sandwich was it?

I like a light detergent and power wash, then a dip in MiraZyme.

For smell, I would think Borax would be the most effective. Wash it again with non-scent detergent and borax. I would assume it would work pretty well.

Non smelling detergent and oxiclean soak in the bathtub overnight at least. I left and empty protein shake box in my blind bag for about 6ish months...It was so bad it made my entire gear room smell liek something was dead...all good now.

Anytime my pack gets bloody I use dish soap and a pressure washer. Hasn't failed me yet. Although Ive never experienced a sammich turned liquid turned lose in my pack...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back