Starting over...

Lots of great information so far, thanks guys, keep it coming. I will say we don't have to make any kind of move, my wife could very easily find a job here and life goes on. We have talked about, granted me more than her, moving from the area and trying somewhere different, but always came back to her job and how it would be difficult to just let that go. We are not young, not old either--mid 40's, we have a two year old daughter, and all of both our families are here in central KY. It just seems to me if she is going to start over with a new employer this may be an opportunity to relocate.

I'd say you should move somewhere in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey or any other state in that region.

Here's why, all those folks are moving out West so in another year or two you'd have the whole region to yourself

I'd say you should move somewhere in Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey or any other state in that region.

Here's why, all those folks are moving out West so in another year or two you'd have the whole region to yourself

And all along I thought all those people were moving to NC! We even have them moving here from Kommiefornia.

Don't go too far west or you will end up in Great Britain, after 27 years nursing my wife beat them to and resigned herself, hardly any stress and no more nights in her life.
Look at as a completely new start, work for yourselves, no boss except for each other,good luck on that one!
Cheers
Richard

You both might consider being a traveling nurse for a couple of years. Sign a contract for 3 to 6 month and try the area you are interested in. I think you are also paid perdiem and travel expenses,

Might be a cheaper alternative to moving to an area and not liking it.

Live in southern New Mexico and we have numerous traveling nurses. Could not staff our hospitals without them. Couple of gals lived in a fifth wheel and worked 3 months here and then home to their husbands. They maintained this schedule for a least 2 years.

Last edited:
I would look into NV and UT. Depending where you look, you can avoid most of the heat in summer and most of the snow in winter. Hunting opportunities as a resident are worth it. You are centrally located to be able to hunt other western states as well. I live in AZ and enjoy the hunting opportunities, but it's pretty hot right now. If you can find work in the high country in AZ, the summers aren't too bad. The highs in Flagstaff run in the 80's most summer days and snow rarely stays on the ground longer than two months.

I think Twin Falls Idaho is Geographically located Ideally for the Western big game hunter.

OTC tags for deer,elk,bear,antelope,wolf in state.
No PP for Controlled hunts in state
Within easy driving 4-8hrs. distance of good draw areas in WY, UT, NV, OR, MT

Other things I like about TF...
Close to military facility (Mountain Home Air Base)
Close proximity to other outdoor recreation Winter and Summer
Number of small towns in the nearby area.
Major interstate highway intersection.
Small airport
Snake River.
Lots of Agriculture and public land nearby and very accessible

Last edited:
Have to agree with 2Rocky. From TWF you can get just about anywhere in the state, other than N. Idaho, but still not too hard of pull to make that trip either. Sure wish I still lived in E. Idaho though....

Great Falls MT! Cheap housing, a huge hospital, and some half way decent places to eat...and oh yeah access to the mountains in almost all directions.

I've been to Co,Wy,and Mt. hunting and would say Mt. offers the best all around hunting/fishing,and the people are super nice.Wy. would be next on my list,and Co. last.Colorado is awesome,don't get me wrong, but it isn't the greatest in the places where all the work is at;unless you like big cities.If you can find work on the western slope of Co,then take it quick.Not much better scenery then there anywhere in the lower 48
sounds like you have the chance to make a huge positive out of a negative in your life.When I find the right opportunity out there,there will be one more person from Pa moving west.Good luck to you and your family

:hump:you asked so here goes,
oregon,we hunt we fish,we hike,we hunt elk,deer,bear,cougar,turkey,duck,phesant,quail,just to name a few,we have mountains,valleys,coastline,forrest,rivers,lakes,streams,we hunt blacktail,mullies,rocky mountain elk,rosevelt elk,and my wife works in the medical field,and she tells me nurses are in demand in certain places here in oregon,and you are not from california,so check into oregon,you might like what you find.

im glad your wife gets to keep her job,you two are in the right field,nurses are allways in demand.:D

Good news Parker!! Glad you don't have to pick up and make the move. But, on the other hand we just never know the when and if.... Good luck to you both!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back