Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Spring in the Scapegoat

LuckyMike

This is the time of year in Montana to grab your flyrod and head in to your favorite mountain lake. The feeling of being out on a half way nice spring or early summer day surrounded by beautiful scenery, coupled with some good fishing make the outing very worth while. In addition, its a great way to start getting back in shape for hunting season. My June day in the scapegoat took a total of 3 1/2-hours driving, 4 1/2-hours hiking and 6-hours fishing. All on a day of variable weather with sun, clouds and lots of wind. Didn't take a lot of pictures but here's a couple.
paintbrush.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

This is the time of year in Montana to grab your flyrod and head in to your favorite mountain lake. The feeling of being out on a half way nice spring or early summer day surrounded by beautiful scenery, coupled with some good fishing make the outing very worth while. In addition, its a great way to start getting back in shape for hunting season. My June day in the scapegoat took a total of 3 1/2-hours driving, 4 1/2-hours hiking and 6-hours fishing. All on a day of variable weather with sun, clouds and lots of wind. Didn't take a lot of pictures but here's a couple.
View attachment 35982

View attachment 35983

That fish is a hawg!

MT backcountry lakes are only filled with stunted brookies. Must be shopped ;)

Peer reviewed science right there. :)

Might have to make the trip this weekend if I can tear myself away from the Salmonfly hatches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back