Spotting Scope: razor HD vs viper

Jksprint

I'm trying decide between spotting scopes. Is there enough improvements from the Vortex Viper to the Razor to justify the additional cost? Should I hunt another season with just my 10x42's on a tripod and save for the Razor or buy the Viper now? This is primarily for western elk and Mule deer in WA, ID, MT and OR.

Yeah it's really difficult to differentiate between them in a store. I wish there was a good place to try them all outside.

Keep saving so that you can afford something better than what vortex puts out.

Interesting comment. I have been pretty happy with their products and even happeir with their costumer service. From your comment I imagine you have had a bad experience.

I am pleased with there razer h d spotter,,very clear,,best spotter I have in my arsenal of equipment.i would guess binos would be the same boat.

A spotting scope definitely helps. I was all about just using my binos as well, but decided to get a scope anyway. I think it's worth the weight to pack around. My two cents would be invest in a solid tripod. I bought a used cheap Nikon tripod and it sucked. I will get either the Summit SS or Summit SS-P next for sure because of its packability.

I don't have a Vortex scope, but my Prostaff 5 makes me very happy. I know it'll be better once I get a better tripod.

Interesting comment. I have been pretty happy with their products and even happeir with their costumer service. From your comment I imagine you have had a bad experience.

The Razor HD's are highly regarded. I'm curious as to what Bulldog has compared them against.

A spotting scope definitely helps. I was all about just using my binos as well, but decided to get a scope anyway. I think it's worth the weight to pack around. My two cents would be invest in a solid tripod. I bought a used cheap Nikon tripod and it sucked. I will get either the Summit SS or Summit SS-P next for sure because of its packability.

I don't have a Vortex scope, but my Prostaff 5 makes me very happy. I know it'll be better once I get a better tripod.

I've had the Summit SS-P for two seasons now, really like it...

Back