Caribou Gear

Sponsor reply to an OYOA supporter

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Seems some fellow, Jeff, decided he would email Black Gold Archery Sights, Ripcord Arrow Rests, and Tightspot Quivers, thank them for supporting our show. Those companies are all owned by the same person, Mike Ellig.

I provide Mike's reply below.

Jeff,

I have spent my life trying to do what is right, not what is politically correct. What the pathetically uninformed public doesn’t understand is the wolves have decimated the elk and moose populations of Yellowstone and the surrounding areas. In my opinion, someone should be in jail for letting the wildlife of Yellowstone and the surrounding area be ruined the way it has. That is the story that isn’t being told.

The only way I would quit sponsoring Randy’s show is if he decided not to produce the show anymore. He is one of the most honest, intelligent, scrupulous people in the outdoor industry. If someone isn’t going to buy from me because of my association with Randy, they can go pound salt as far as I am concerned.

I’m Mike Ellig, President of Black Gold, and I approved this message.

Sincerely,

Mike Ellig, President
Black Gold, Inc.

Hopefully that makes you smile as much as it makes me smile.

Mike and his companies are proud to be a Made in America (Montana), and support all the conservation groups in very generous ways. At a time when his competitors shipped all production overseas, Mike has refused. He has a core of amazing employees who are all serious archers, serious hunters, and all around good people. I am very proud to have Mike, his companies, and his employees associated with our show.

Here are links to there website, it you want to learn more about their products and support those who are supporting you.

http://blackgoldsights.com/

http://www.ripcordarrowrest.com/

http://tightspotquiver.com/

Feel free to share their position on this with your archery friends who might be in the market for new sights, rests, and quivers.

Very cool response. You've aligned with a standup guy.

I've shot Black Gold sights for years, this will keep me preaching their awesomeness!

That is one of the most stand up things I have ever read. Thank you Mike Ellig for not being politically correct and doing what you believe in.....:cool:

Call me IMPRESSED!!! I will definitely be moving back to black n gold sites on the one bow that doesn't have them! Thanks Mike and Randy for being such stand up guys!!!!

On a side note, I think everyone who thinks Mike did the right thing needs to reply. That way he will keep doing the right thing and knows it is appreciated. In my opinion, this thread should have more replies than any other thread on this site. My .02.

Randy, obviously, this "Jeff" guy had no idea concerning your leadership in the wolf management movement, nor about the common attitude not only among hunters and wildlife (elk, moose, deer, etal) advocates ... but also throughout the hunting product industry.

I really don't think I need to change anything on my bow, but after reading that I think I just may anyway, great response Mike! I did send out emails to OYOA sponsors, thanking them for supporting quality TV, hopefully others did as well.

That is outstanding. Granted, I seldom (ok, NEVER) have seen an archer who was a wolf preservationist but to respond like that is a great endorsement of you and your show Randy.

One more reason I need to add a Tightspot Quiver to go with my Ripcord Rest.

Love it! It's refreshing to see a corporate CEO stand up and take a firm stand.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JRP325
Back