Speaking of holsters....

netman

In preparation for this fall I have been situating my pack. I received my new pack a Seek Outside Saker. While getting everything situated I realized my handgun buried up in my pack was of no use should something happen.
I wanted my handgun in the same place it has been for nearly 30 yrs as a LEO.
The waist belt on my pack has a Molle system.
46F9C01A-07E6-4D0C-B057-8A3A507379A6.jpg
I googled MOLLE holster and found what I believe to be exactly what I was looking for. It’s called Alien Gear Shape Shift Molle Holster. With shipping it was $59 so I ordered it. Four days later it’s in my hands.
77892B10-1B5A-4554-A0A2-982BF0F3DC71.jpg
It took longer to open the package than it took to install. It has a thumb press break to remove the handgun from the holster. It also comes with a couple different locks for locking the holster in the MOLLE system. My handgun snaps in securely and the holster and waist belt are solid. FA04A93C-2829-4FF7-B098-087C89CA6678.jpg
I like the location on my belt and it’s out of the way. I’m going to be buying a Kifaru gun bearer shortly and it appears the handgun will be out of the way. I like that it tucks up and in making it inconspicuous but ready.
317C435E-F38E-46CA-A775-52B79D45CBE0.jpg

I have the same setup, holster on the wait pack at 4:00 and a gun bearer. my rifle does impede my draw on my handgun. I could switch to the left, but that would require unlearning years of muscle memory. I just chalked it up to hazards of the hunt.

That looks like it will work just fine. What is your plan for carrying when you remove the pack?

When the Meateater gang's lunch was interrupted by the brown bear blowing through their midst, most folks had their spray/handguns still attached to their packs, many feet away when it came to (almost!!) crunch time.

Plan for carry once the pack is removed........I haven't yet gone down this road but Bladetech makes this thing called a TEK-LOK that might solve the problem. Here's a link to it...

https://blade-tech.com/products/attachments

The idea is to snap the tek-lok-equipped holster on to the hip belt, then when I take the pack off, simply snap the tek-lok-equipped holster off of the hip belt and on to my pants belt.

I use Blade-tech holsters for concealed carry (Klipt) and for some competitive stuff and they hold the pistol really well (the pistol fairly snaps into the holster). Presently I'm carrying a 10mm Glock on the hip belt on my pack and it rides in a plain ol' Uncle Mike's kydex holster, and does so very well.........aside from that issue of what to do when I take the pack off.

Last edited:
I ordered this holster exclusively for my pack. However this holster comes with several other carrying options . The actual holster can be easily removed from the Molle system and snapped onto a trouser/belt setup like normal carrying. This holster is very versatile.
I do however have several other holsters that I accumulated over the years when working plain clothes that I can use.
I wanted to see the quality of this holster before I spent anymore money. Now that I have it and it exceeded my expectations I will most likely buy the standard belt attachment for what I would call “off duty” carry.

Back