South Western MT deer hunting

Yotkilr

I guess kinda last minute but am heading out to SW MT to try fill my deer tag on Tuesday, and was just looking for a little advice since I have never been to this area. Was planning on driving thru there on my way back from hunting in Wyoming but with the bad weather that we had on the way back didn't think I would see anything anyway. So anyway I am planning on hunting in carter county, there appears to be a fair amount of BLM and state land. Mostly just wondering if there will be a lot of other people out there during the week my days off for this week will be Tuesday and Wednesday so that will be the two days I will be out. Also what kind of landscape is in that area mostly sage brush or some ag or grass lands? Any other tips or advise for the area are welcome too you can PM me if you would rather.

Thanks

Shayne

Wide variety of river bottoms, pine hills, badlands, sagebrush hills. Highest deer concentrations will be along ag fields/river bottoms. Bigger deer will be in the lower concentration areas.

Back