South central wyoming cow elk

sigpros

Looking at a cow hunt next year. What units are good for a couple guys out of Missouri? Unit 7,10,8? We are headed out in a couple weeks to antelope hunt on the western side of wyoming and planning a couple days to look over a couple elk units. Do ranches let guys cow hunt for a fair price? Really want my buddy to at least see some elk. We hunted 102 a couple years back and didn't do to good. I'm 0-7 on elk but at least I've seen a few. Thanks for any help just wondering what units would be good to spend our days scouting

Thank you

I would go on the wy website and see what walkin areas and hunter management areas allow elk hunting and what units they are in.These are free and will usually have plenty of cows to hunt.The ranchers get tired of fixing fences the elk tear down migrating thru.I know Strouss Hill HMA allows a late season cow hunt.I'm also thinking its in unit 10 but not totally sure.I hunt antelope there and can tell you the elk are there.i've been thinking of a cow elk trip there for years to fill the freezer

I don't know how good the south eastern units are for cows, as I have heard mixed reports, but the northern Wyoming cow hunts are awesome, if you don't mind working hard. Just don't hunt early if you do not like the potential of dealing with 600-pound pitbulls for competition!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back