Caribou Gear

Son-in-laws 1st buck

cjcj

My new son in law George, has hunted for 10 yrs and never killed anything!|oo .. So my daughter, asked me to help him out, It was kinda strange to go with someone that I really did not know all that well, but after the 1st day I could see why he never killed anything:eek: ...[Unprepaired/out-of-sinc with nature is the best choice of words ]

1st day he wants to whack a very small spike by the highway:confused: :eek:

2nd day he sees the same spike, and stops the truck, I told him if he shoots that little thing , I will never hunt with him again!:eek: :eek: :eek:

3rd day we see only does and now he is "panicky", he says its just like every year [no bucks]....I bet him $100. that we will see some bucks.

day 4 monday we see 3 bucks at the back of a meadow 2 forkies and a small 3 pt....I get my $100.... he gets his 1st buck... And I guess we got to bond [ homo term] a little.

Attachments

• 12-04-~1 (2).JPG
    12-04-~1 (2).JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 264
WTG! Glad to hear of you "Bonding with a Fellow Hunter" Now, you have been gone for a month and a half and what else have you been up to. Congrats to George and You! John

You better give him the $100 back you homo. haha Congratulations anyway!

Tell him congratulations too! What a smile! Frame that picture!

I thought CJCJ joined Up With People and was touring the country with an uplifting message; never thought he was out hunting......

Just been real busy, with family stuff ..old parents/weddings/funerals/ general domestics.....It was nice to get away for the hunt .. I didn't have a tag....But my new son-in- law is getting that dink mounted, I tried to talk him out of it... But he has more money than brains....Oh well.....He was like a little kid after he shot his deer... Thats all he talked about over thanksgiving.....The sad thing is I had trouble getting him up in the morning and moving...And he was very impatient... We would have seen some bigger bucks...and he takes too much stuff that you don"t need..

Great story. There are many hunters out there just like that. Sometimes you just have break the streak with something!!!! Now they will come a little easier.......maybe, unless he is THAT out of sync.

Just been real busy, with family stuff ..old parents/weddings/funerals/ general domestics.....It was nice to get away for the hunt .. I didn't have a tag....But my new son-in- law is getting that dink mounted, I tried to talk him out of it... But he has more money than brains....Oh well.....He was like a little kid after he shot his deer... Thats all he talked about over thanksgiving.....The sad thing is I had trouble getting him up in the morning and moving...And he was very impatient... We would have seen some bigger bucks...and he takes too much stuff that you don"t need..

Was this an AZ hunt?

Was this an AZ hunt?

Yes he had a great tag [early Kaibab east] I tried to explain to him that we would see at least a dozen bucks, And lets wait for a monster....We could always shoot a forker on the last day....And Im dead serious , HE WOULD HAVE MOUNTED THE SPIKE!... He said ahead of time he would mount his first deer no matter what!|oo :D .... He's a hard working "White Mexican" but very,very, green about hunting...only one way to go UP!hump

Good thing my Daughter loves him:)

CJ,

I was more "farsighted". I set my daughter up on a blind date with someone I had met when he was 14. Way back then, he wanted to know how to hunt big deer. They got married. I got a ready-made hunting partner, who actually know what he's doing. He can even shoot pretty good.

If you "bonded" and he paid you $100...... thats .. uhhh.....

Anyway, Welcome back, we missed you !!!! Or Jose did at least ;) Kudos on the hunt. Sorry to hear about the Funerals... and weddings .. :D

Only one thing left to say... Welcome home CJCJ... Welcome home .. :D

That's cool. Sometimes that's better then pullin' the trigger yourself. Especially when the guy gets that excited. Congrats to both you guys.

Back