Some Family Antelope action!

Duck-Slayer

Here's a short story on my Antelope for 2016 - My daughter and I sat in a blind on a lake the first day, was nice, saw lots of antelope, about 10:30 am a doe comes close enough and my daughter said are you going too shoot dad, I couldn't resist, even thou it was an 83.5 yard shot, I'm good out to 80, so I put my pin in the center right behind the shoulder and let'r rip, well that extra 3.5 yards on that small of target was about 3", and I shot right under her. A little bummed that I missed in front of my daughter. Rest of the day was uneventful, we quite early, we brought 2 of our baby goats with and they needed to be bottle fed.
Well the next day was the same, lots of antelope, they stayed right out at about 80 yards. Well finally my daughter had enough and said shoot that little buck over there in from of the blind. Again I can't say no, so I ranged the buck laying there, 74 yards, put my pin on 75, got ready, drew, settled, and whack! smoked it, the way it was laying on a slight hump, its back bone was pretty much center of body and snapped his spine clean in half at 74 yards with the DRT broadhead, it actually was the same arrow and same broadhead I used the day before to shoot my deer, I didn't even resharpen it! tells you how good of a product you have. Thanks for the great broadheads! That Antelope didn't even move from his bed. Awesome hunt with my daughter(9), she just passed her hunter safety class in May, she is excited to do her own shooting next year!
Matt

Attachments

• IMG_0262.jpg
    IMG_0262.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 746
  • IMG_0345.jpg
    IMG_0345.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 678
  • IMG_0348.jpg
    IMG_0348.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 682
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 674
Super!! I've become super fond of ground blinds for taking the youngsters along. Well done Dad!

Back