Solo MT hunt HD327, 324 area? 11/8 till 11/16

Captjohn71

Looking for any info on HD327 or 324. I've been pouring over all the infor I can get.

Was planning on maybe Snowcrest Range around Corral Creek or maybe even the West Madison Area? Coal Creek or Fault Lake? Or maybe on Montana-Idaho border. I've got some time. Don't want to spread myself to thin. It's a lot of country and trying to narrow it down is difficult.

1. Anyone got a idea about the bear population in those areas? Any issues with them.

2. How about the snow accumulations so far? I saw a previous post snow wasn't plowed east of Red Rock Lake.

3. Not looking for anything to specific, just general inform on those area. Just a idea if I'm on the right track with these areas?

4. Camping areas? I've got a camper so I'm not ruffing it to bad.

Thanks everyone.

Deer are just coming into rut and starting to meander. Should be a good deer hunt. Elk bunched on the ranches. Im sure there is still some in the hills but the snow and hunting pressure along with predators has taken its toll. Right now im deer hunting an area not far from 324 with high expectations for the next couple weeks. If an elk presents itself it will just be a bonus. Next year ill be heading to a roadless unit to get as far from private land as possible for elk. But if I were you id be excited about your deer chances. Montana has a page for road conditions you can check. They keep kit up to date pretty well. Good luck and happy hunting!

Getting a camper around in some of that country could be tough, like upper coal creek and upper west fork.

Plenty of bears.

Camper leaves the truck after I get up there. I can take it off in 15 minutes. Was going to camp then drive in and hike in mornings.
Thanks for the heads up on the bears. I just want sure how much there was around there. I'll defiantly stay alert for those critters.

The eureka basin road can drift pretty good. Getting into corral creek shouldn’t be a problem

BLM has several areas where camping is allowed...Another small area on the east side of the Refuge....Best to call the Refuge as to the road on their east side, as it isn't winter maintained...Always some bear activity in the area...

I got that, but thank you for the heads up. I could see how people would miss that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back