Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Solo hunt unit 20

Bowaddic

So I have 2 buck tags and 4 doe tags for unit 20. I'm driving from Tallahassee FL. I plan on staying until I fill my tags. Two weeks if needed. One question I have is can I do this hunt with my 2014 Toyota Tacoma 4x2? I spoke to the access coordinator I got some decent info but I think I was generic info. So any info on this unit would be great. I have all the maps I can find. As well as onx maps on my phone. I have call the local biologist a few times but have not connected yet. Thanks for the help.

I hunted there last year. You can do it with 2WD because your going to have to walk a bit to get to most of the antelope. The WIA is on foot only so you will park just off the road. I didn't see any antelope on the public land on Middle Fork Rd but it did have prairie dogs to shoot at so bring a varmint rifle.
Good luck, Jim

Did you by chance go down Hazelton road or Slip road? It's a limited access unit but I see several roads that cross BLMor State land. I was also told to bring a fishing rod for trout. I haven't decided weather to camp or get a room.

No I didn't get over there and can't remember why. I'll be just up the road in October for elk but I do have doe tags for 2 different areas so you may see me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back