MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

So Long Buddy

RIP Ollie. It's a tough thing to go through. I still think about my buddy Bruiser who I lost to a freak accident in 2010. He was the best squirrel dog I ever hunted. I've not had the heart to hunt squirrels much since then.

Attachments

• bruiser.jpg
    bruiser.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 30
My condolences also. That is really tough. I lost my old lady dog in November. She was 15 and also on a steep downhill which was tough to watch. I wish that made it so I knew what to say. I was doing alright until whoever posted this one "He might only be here for a part of your life but for him, you are his whole life", I kindof lost it there because that was her.

Thank you all for the kind words. I find comfort in alot of your comments. He was a helluva good dog and will be missed dearly. My next pup is going to have some big shoes to fill.

Bummer ISSO.
Had a few good dogs that lived into mid teens. Cameron was 12 when she died 10 yrs ago.
I got a rescue dog in April & he is the best yet, but not a retriever. Unless you count bones. Rio is the bone collector.
Every morning I see all my dogs greeting me now when he comes over.

Rest In Peace Ollie. Some very deep hurt you are feeling. I put my Bobby down three years ago. Two weeks short of 19 years old. I had a dairy farm and he worked by my side every day, all day. Hard worker and good friend that chased down coyotes on more than one occasion to deliver a “stay off my farm” ass kicking. The cows hated him but that was his job.......

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back