Caribou Gear Tarp

So I got a Call...

Hambone,

Best of luck in the Crags. It's an awesome place. Not sure which drainages you plan on concentrating on, but alot of the lower end of Parrot, Tumble, and Roaring the horsey cannot go in there.

Sounds like you have a plan. On my first hunt in I rented llamas from Thunder Creek LLamas there in Boise. Highly recommended. Those little buggers can go most places a man can. Those soft feet stick to rocks.

Hey hambone, Glad to see you made it to this site. ALot better than the other one with alot more info and better class of guys.. Beautiful country that you will be in and a hunt you will remember the rest of your life. If you still have those pics of your scouting you should post them up... Good luck to you and I hope you get a dandy..

Enrut

Ill be going in there this weekend again for a scouting trip and to cache some stuff so I don't have to carry in the whole load for a week's hunt in one trip. Gonna drive up this evening and sleep in the truck at the trailhead to so I can be on the trail at daylight. Gonna take some of the heavy stuff like salt for the hide and some other supplies - might even take in some canned fruit for a treat in the evening after a long day hunting. :D

Well, I do have the pictures. Here's Plan B. Walk up this canyon and climb out the first drainage.
Canyon.jpg

The first drainage looked like this just short of the first crest on the ridge. From here it got worse cause up above me the last 200 feet or so was mostly cliffs.
GoatCreek.jpg

I know a guy that killed a ram in that drainage. Goat gets some pressure since its the closest access, but there are some sheep in there. My vote is stick with plan A.

For me hunting solo there is a mental game. When the afternoon/evening blues set in, take a break, take a nap. let the mind and body rest. Keep plugging along, and when you get to the sheep sign, glass glass and glass.

T-Bone,

I figured I wasn't the only permit holder to look at a map to find a way to access this unit without horses. Plan B is a distant second in my mind after hiking in there but was a possibility if it was the only way to get in there. Now that I have firm commitments for a trailer and two horses I'm stickin' with plan A.

HAmb, You make sure you take lots of Pictures. I'd love to see the Ram once you shoot it. If anyone knows that area it's T-bone, He's a Die hard Hill climber.

Time is Tickin' Only a Short few day away and yo'll be in there with a Rifle !!!

Good talking to you tonight...

Hope you do well, and can get a lot of pics to share along with a good story or two... :)

Moosie,

I may have to wait till Labor Day weekend to go in. School just started and I have some other things going on at work that need to be tended to. I'd like to give the weather a little more time to cool down some too, it was mighty hot in there last weekend. By 2PM it was in the 90's. Also developed some foot issues - aggravated an old injury and need to let that settle down before hitting the rocks again. So it looks like two weeks yet.

Oh Shite... I hate when that happens.... Take some Ibeproffin and give it a go in a couple weeks...

I should be fine in a few more days. A little ice and heat and rest and I'll be ready to go. Here's some more scenic photos.

One of the lakes in the area.

lakescomp.jpg

Gorgeous country...where are the convenience stores?
I'm getting sore thighs just looking at the pics.

Can't place the lake although I think I know which one it is... those rocks are pretty defined though :D

Back