Smallmouth...waving the white flag

BuzzH

Had the smallmouth over a barrel today...over 40 in 2 hours. Mr. Whiskers took a swipe at the tube and paid the fiddler too.

All of them are still swimming. I'd still be fishing but 90 degrees is about all I can take.

0707171106a.jpg

0707170946.jpg

Its a secret what they were biting on.

07071710031.jpg

Lone kitty:

0707171038b1.jpg

May take a jaunt this evening when it cools off...see if the trout are biting.

Looks fun, I'm waiting for some local water to warm up just a bit more and then hope to do the same.

Your fishing photos are not nearly as well composed as your hunting photos.

But still, looks like a banner day. :) Where? Don't remember any bass around Laramie when I was down there.

Your fishing photos are not nearly as well composed as your hunting photos.

But still, looks like a banner day. :) Where? Don't remember any bass around Laramie when I was down there.

Yeah, tough to operate the camera, control the fish, and get great pictures...will send a PM about the places to catch smallies.

Do smallies hit flies and plugs like largemouth do fly fishing for them? That's my favorite way to catch bass.

Yes. They are very aggressive and voracious feeders. So much fun to catch, especially when they start hitting surface baits.

Thanks for posting this. Brings back some great memories.

Dang! I think bass taste much better than trout, but I've yet to fish for bass in WY. I'm going to have to give it a go.

Dang Buzz! Those photos sure do make a guy jealous! Smallies are one of my favorites to catch, right along the lines of walleyes!

Looks like you have it figured out!

Do smallies hit flies and plugs like largemouth do fly fishing for them? That's my favorite way to catch bass.

I use a lot of deer hair popper patterns here in Ohio for them. I just strip them in like a streamer, popping them across the water. Nothing like seeing a smally bust through the water surface and nab your fly! Some of the fly tiers out there make the poppers look like a work of art. Here are some good patterns John
http://www.warmwaterflytyer.com/patterns1.asp

That is a great day Buzz. I'm spending all next week up in Dayton attending a training conference. One of the only good brown trout streams in Ohio is about 30 minutes from the conference. I am staying right next to the river and driving the 30 minutes to the conference each day :) I'm going to get my "fly" on every evening next week. Tying up some flying ant, power ant, beetle, tricos, BWO to round out my nymphs and midges. Good luck with the trout. Nicely done with the bass.

@TheTone... I've actually caught largemouths on leech patterns and wooly buggers

@dcopas78... I've got some of those style flies. I want that frog lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back