Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Small outboard- Suzuki v. Merc. v. Yamaha

Why, is because I've worked with several different size and year Mercury motors and all have been junk. I've also worked with several Yamaha motors, never a problem.
Interesting! What kinds of issues? Only issue I had was blowing up my 225, but it was north of 1k hours and was bound to happen eventually...

My only comment is that unless you are legally limited to a 9-10 hp, consider paying a bit more for a 15 or 20, which is almost always the same engine (same weight and displacement) with the 9-10 being just limited by carburetor an/or air intake. Difference in cost is usually just a few 100 bucks.

Interesting! What kinds of issues? Only issue I had was blowing up my 225, but it was north of 1k hours and was bound to happen eventually...
2 emm's different motors. New carbs, twice on the same 90hp. New fuel injectors on a different 90 hp. These motors had under 400 hours on each. My guess is to many idle hours. In my personal etec, I also had to do an emm. Since switching to Yamaha, 0 issues.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kgentry
Back