Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Slippery Ann Refuge (Elk Viewing Area)

JMG

I have not had a chance to make it to the Breaks so far this season, but am wondering if the elk are gathering on the Slippery (Siparyann) Ann Refuge (Elk Viewing Area) on the northside of the Missouri River.

I am thinking of doing a day trip with the family to watch the elk in action. Just curious.

Thanks for any input.

There were a hundred or so. Greasewood and cottonwood poles didn't help, but pretty cool first trip for me.

Nice pictures. I noticed one of the cow elk wearing a collar from a project FWP did this winter. A helicopter was used to net 25 cow elk in 621 and 25 in district 622. In two years the collars will fall off and FWP will recover the them and collect the elks travel data! Hope all the elk do not just stay in the No Hunting zone!

Great pics as usual, recently bought myself a nikon dslr. Hopefully one day can snap some nice! Very nice

how is the rut shaping up in th breaks now as of 9-26. Is it winding down or getting going. Was gonna be down there now hunting but i can't seem to get harvest wrapped up so i can get away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back