Skip Silencer Central if you have the option

I've had two silencers ATF-approved since April 23rd. Nothing in hand yet... Took them over a month from ordering and paying before they submitted my info (which they already had).

These will be my last Silencer Central purchase. Going Silencer Shop for the next ones.

I've had two silencers ATF-approved since April 23rd. Nothing in hand yet... Took them over a month from ordering and paying before they submitted my info (which they already had).

These will be my last Silencer Central purchase. Going Silencer Shop for the next ones.
Mine from Approval to delivery was about 30 days. Hopefully yours gets there faster then mine.

Mine from Approval to delivery was about 30 days. Hopefully yours gets there faster then mine.
Mine arrived yesterday, 17 days after approval. Didn't think that was bad, considering that includes the 7 day waiting period after law enforcement notification.
Not sure if I'm a lucky one, but all the issues people have mentioned with Silencer Central were nonexistent for me. This is my first suppressor and maybe I'm just naive having no prior experience, but I thought Silencer Central was quick, easy, and very straight forward. Never any snags or issues for me.

Ignorant about these things but "trusts" have been mentioned a couple of times can anyone please explain. Thanks

A trust allows “members/beneficiaries” of the trust to possess and use the items in the trust and provide a probate and NFA/FFL free-way to allow the items in the trust to pass to the other “members/beneficiaries” when you die.

For example, I have a trust that names myself, my son-in-law and soon to be added son (his 21st BDay is just around the corner) as members/beneficiaries. I buy all my NFA items into that trust. My SIL (and soon son), will be able to use the items whenever they wish, and will get them paperwork free when I kick it. Otherwise NFA items are limited to your direct personal control and NFA/FFL transfer even amongst family.

Note: The above is my loose understanding, but I am not qualified to give legal advice on NFA trusts and other NFA laws, so you would be well advised to seek your own counsel if you have specific legal questions regarding a topic that can result in felony convictions.

I have had good experiences with Silencer Central. The process is a long one and the additional time for certain procedures does seem to take people by surprise if they are not familiar with the entire process. For example the extra couple of weeks at the end for local law enforcement approval seems to irritate new buyers.

I just won a suppressor at the rmbs rendezvous from them. I’ll report back how the process goes as I don’t have an option to use anyone else.

Just another happy Silencer Central customer. A shame that stamps are required though.

Maybe it's an expectation thing though. I had no expectation that it was going to be a "fast" process.

Mine arrived yesterday, 17 days after approval. Didn't think that was bad, considering that includes the 7 day waiting period after law enforcement notification.
Not sure if I'm a lucky one, but all the issues people have mentioned with Silencer Central were nonexistent for me. This is my first suppressor and maybe I'm just naive having no prior experience, but I thought Silencer Central was quick, easy, and very straight forward. Never any snags or issues for me.
I’ve used them multiple times and have been happy with their service. This time the USPS lost my CLEO notice and a second was sent. So no fault of SC. I’ll use them again if I see a good deal.

I have had one experience with Silencer Central after getting one of their silencers at a PF banquet. I had a very good experience with them and would not hesitate to use them again.

Just another happy Silencer Central customer. A shame that stamps are required though.

Maybe it's an expectation thing though. I had no expectation that it was going to be a "fast" process.

Same.
I just got notice that my backcountry was approved.
If I can get it before hunting season I will be pretty stoked.

My barrel has a brake, but I am considering sending my barreled action in to them to ensure it all aligns.

And I did the process as a trust.
I might add a 223 suppressor next.

Last edited:
Same.
I just got notice that my backcountry was approved.
If I can get it before hunting season I will be pretty stoked.

My barrel has a brake, but I am considering sending my barreled action in to them to ensure it all aligns.

And I did the process as a trust.
I might add a 223 suppressor next.
I’ve not had any issues with manufacturers threading. I’ve just take. The brake off and put the can on. Good luck.

My barrel was threaded by a gunsmith that I thought was good but some others have had issues. For $35 to avoid finger pointing and a damaged can, I think I might have it checked.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back