Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Sign, Sign, Everywhere a Sign

Thanks for the reminder of the tragic Mann Gulch fire. The signs up on the high slope mark the sites where each had perished. Hiking the area with Norman MacLean's YOUNG MEN AND FIRE in hand for reference was a very moving experience for me as the "signs" of the tragedy were surveyed and the historical day recalled.

Nameless Range and I are planning a hike up to the grave markers. I'm reading Young Men and Fire for the 2nd time.

guardstation.JPG

196.JPG

Echo Amp.jpg

This seems to be the only one I have on my cell phone. I'll have to see what I can find on my computer when I get home this afternoon. Cool thread.

Last two signs are when you have to let your name be known to everyone in the area.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    142.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    163.3 KB · Views: 216
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 215
Reminder to those coming across our southern border illegally --- it really is a DRY heat! There's a reason these signs are out there ... 40B Border Patrol warning sign 1.JPG40B Border Patrol warning sign 2.JPG) ...

WALL DRUG SIGN COLLAGE.jpg

any of these, couldn't choose which is my favorite other than the one with the hooneymooners special, "free donut and coffee".

Can't think of a sign that makes me feel better than when I lay eyes on this sign.
_storage_extSdCard_DCIM_Camera_20150904_145644.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back