Sights or no sights?

Do you prefer backup open sights or none?

• Sights

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • No sights

Votes: 43 81.1%

• Total voters
Setting up my new old gun with quick release rings so I have the choice. Supposedly they will hold zero. But I hunt some thick stuff for bears and irons would be nice for that. The scope is nice for my more open spots though. Rather not have to carry or own 2 guns for each situation. Can be done without tools, on the fly, at will. Just a thought.

My first hunting rifle I ever bought has sights. None of the next 20 had or has them. I had the mentality that if my scope fails or I break it I need iron sights for back up. 40 years later I still never needed them.

I’m not a mountain man living and surviving off the grid. I’m just a guy who hunts whitetails. I might have a different mindset if my life depended on it. Sadly it doesnt.

I like the looks of a clean barrel on my bolt action rifles.

In over 50 years of big game hunting mostly in Montana, but all over the world, I've never had a scope fail or any other reason to have a second or back up rifle.

I like the iron sights on my classic blackpowder rifles and my Model 94 Winchesters, and since I had cataract surgery a couple of years ago, I can now actually see the front sight on these rifles.

My Rem 700 still wears the iron sights it came with. I can't see them through the scope so I never give them a thought.

I like them. Have i needed them? Nope, not yet. I seek out Sako A-series rifles and carbines. Iron sights are a rarity. I still have smooth bbled rifles though.

🙄, never had one fail. Hunting creek bottom white tails one morning, stumbled and threw my Ruger GSR .556 against a tree, the 2.5x8 didnt miss a beat.

Didn't intend post to come across in a serious tone. Couldn't help myself with the Leupy threads.

Sights to me throw a whole gun off looks dept. Like wearing winter socks n shorts. Doesnt work very often

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back