Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Sig Zulu 6 HDX- UPDATE I bought them!

Yooper906

Has anyone used the new Zulu 6 HDX binos yet? Really curious to hear how they perform. GoHUNT podcast raves about them.

**edit moving to optics section

-Yooper

Last edited:
image.jpg
So few weeks ago I made a post here about the new Sig image stabilizers with the HDX glass. Just got them today and I am blown away! Just a quick test and they are going to be exactly what I wanted! Going to sell my swaros…..

-Yooper

What test did you do between them? Not being a smartass, genuinely want to know how you think each stacked up for each test.

What test did you do between them? Not being a smartass, genuinely want to know how you think each stacked up for each test.
Fair question, I haven’t done any concrete test yet. Literally just took them out to the yard and glassed across the lake I live on. At 400 yards I was counting individual reeds sticking out of the water. That’s my redneck test.

Once I have more time, I’ll do a more thorough review.

When I said “going to sell my swaros,” I was being dramatic. Lol but just wanted to emphasize that I am extremely impressed right out of the gate.

What power did you buy? Are these to replace your everyday bino or more of a spotter?

I am intrigued bc I was looking yesterday on the website and it was saying everything but the 10x30s were disco.

My wife commandeered my binos during our recent hunt and now I need another pair so I was really wanting the 16x42s

These binos are cool for things like riding in a vehicle, boat, plane, or anything where you can get steady. The problem with them is the glass is similar to a 1980’s Tasco, they have tiny objectives so they don’t bring in light, and they basically shorten your glassing time by 20 minutes on each of the day as they are high powered and suck at low light. I’m considering buying a pair for having in my vehicle, but I’ve been around them just enough to know I’d never hunt with them.

One of my hunting partners is an Sig guy that gets to test gear before it’s available to the public. He’s been swearing by these for a couple years. The other day we were hunting together and he couldn’t see shit…he says “man I think my batteries died.” Never had that problem with my swaros. I was picking elk out one night just before dark and he had already put his optics away as he couldn’t see anything anymore.

These things have a place, but if a hunter is serious about glassing at first and last light you may want to leave them at home.

Just returned from my elk hunt. Got to test these things in lots of conditions. First off, I am still impressed with them and will continue to use them. I cant reiterate enough how nice it is to pull the binos from my harness and have complete stabilization.

The negative, like @Carnage2011 has mentioned since i have been gone, is these things do lose their mojo close to dark. I would say like the last 5-10 mins of legal shooting light, these things fell right off. This is the only negative I truly found after 10 days of hunting with them.

With all that said, these will become my primary binoculars for my hunts. The glass is not even close to swaro, BUT the stabilization feature makes up for it IN MY OPINION.

Hope everyone is off to a good start to season! If you have any questions about the sigs, feel free to pm.

-Yooper

16s. Headed to wyoming now, only pair of optics I brought with me.
I ended up buying 16s and my dad bought 12s. Tested them on an elk hunt last week and cannot say enough good things about them, truly amazing. He's returning the 12s and getting 16s. We didn't see much fall back with low light. In our opinion the IS makes up for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back