Took the family up to the Mt.s Sat.
Lots of snow for late march

Huntington lake, 7,000 ft, still frozen over
P1000309.jpg

Tamarack ridge, 7,500 ft
P1000312.jpg

Dinkey creek, about 6,200
P1000314.jpg

Elk Hunter, don't know what the percentage is above normal, but we've already gotten more than we did last year. And it snowed on us the day before the opener -Oct 6 (last year).
Woah! I pulled up Adin Pass' readings and we've got something like 38" of snow still up there. My cousin thinks he'll be able to get up to our property to do some work in the middle of April. I think he'd better wait.

Mdcrossbow, you are welcome to use it.

Elk Hunter, last time I herd anything we were 138%, but that was weeks ago.
It looks like more than average to me. It's warm and sunny up there, should start melting fast.

These photos were taken in the D-7 deer unit, between Yosemite and Kings Canyon.

That NRCS site doesn't always have reliable snow depth figures and I hate going off that. At any rate, good to hear...138% (or thereabouts) is fantastic...I thought we were in the 100-110% range, so it's great to see a beefier number. Hopefully it doesn't all evaporate and leave us with bone dry land!

Thanks A-con. I post up the ink pic after I finish it. I thinking of putting an elk crossing the creek or a small flock of turkeys.

Thanks

Dave

Been fine thanks , you ? Hadn't thought of a Black Bear , that might do really nicely. Thanks.

Had knee surgery 2.5 weeks ago 5 time, and at the same time decided to stop dipping. After 40 years of nicotine I finding out what itr means to tuff it out, suck it up ! LOL

Lots of black bears up there, big ones.

I quite dipping after 25 years during an unexpected hospital stay. Try the "nicoderm" patchs. Patchs along with "mint snuff" (eatmint.com) worked for me. (two years now)

That NRCS site doesn't always have reliable snow depth figures
How so?

Gotta work on the quitting snoose thing here. I did quit for quite a while (~1yr), but fell back on the wagon...

How so?

Gotta work on the quitting snoose thing here. I did quit for quite a while (~1yr), but fell back on the wagon...

I'm not saying every station is flawed, but there are a few scattered around CA, NV and CO that I'm familiar with. It's not always accurate in that you can see days where the snow level goes up but there hasn't been any new snowfall. So, I typically call up buddies and whatnot to find out if there has been new snow, melting, etc.

Very nice pics Dan...

I'm surprised at how much it looks like up here, I had other types of land features in mind for that part of the world...

Great drawing Dave...

Nice pics and great job Dave. Russ There is some beautiful country up in the sierras.. You would never think you were in California.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back