Yeti GOBOX Collection

Sheep Archery S9

MullingsTaxi

Hey guys,

I drew my 1st sheep tag in S9 Colorado with a bow. Been doing lots of research and harvest records. Looking to discuss anyone’s previous archery hunts in S9 or just successful tips that might have helped while hunting them up close. I understand the difficulty and being in shape. I’m 34 and have endurance training most of life. Thanks in advance for any story’s or helpful techniques.

Tagged along with a friend in S9 last rifle season. Feel free to PM me. He got a ram and another guy hunting in the same area got a ancient ram later in the season.

I lived in that unit when I went to a small seminary called Sangre de Cristo seminary at the base of Horn Peak at 10,000 feet.

That country is tough, as you know. If you can't take or 2-4 weeks to hunt, I would go with a guide. I heard Sangre de Cristo Outfitters do well.

Hey guys,

I drew my 1st sheep tag in S9 Colorado with a bow. Been doing lots of research and harvest records. Looking to discuss anyone’s previous archery hunts in S9 or just successful tips that might have helped while hunting them up close. I understand the difficulty and being in shape. I’m 34 and have endurance training most of life. Thanks in advance for any story’s or helpful techniques.
Bringing this to the top. Taxi, would you mind if I picked your brain on this unit? I drew this year.

Last seen 5 days after he asked for help 2 years ago. I wish you the best of luck getting ahold of him
Haha, I didn’t even notice. Though I can’t say I’m any better. I’ve had this account a few years and just realized I’ve never posted.

Congrats on your tag. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep on the mountain”. Added benefit is connection with lots of guys and gals who have been in your shoes and know S9 well.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep and goat hunters, certainly with some who know your unit to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

Hunted S9 back in 2003 for ewe. And bow hunted a couple ram tags since then.

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society - Join or renew your membership

Congrats on your tag. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society can be a great resource for previous hunters. Consider joining knowing we are the organization with the mission to “…put more sheep on the mountain”. Added benefit is connection with lots of guys and gals who have been in your shoes and know S9 well.

Also keep an eye out for our upcoming Sheep and Goat hunter meet and greet and orientation. We will bring guys who have hunted your unit for you to visit with. To be finalized but probably July 9th in Denver area. Last year we had a great and large group of previous and current tag holders going over maps and strategies including for your unit.

Also, our annual Rendezvous is on June 10&11. Join the org and sign up to attend. There will be hundreds of experienced sheep and goat hunters, certainly with some who know your unit to network with to help you start planning scouting and hunting.

Hunted S9 back in 2003 for ewe. And bow hunted a couple ram tags since then.

Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society - Join or renew your membership
Done!

Season didn’t go as planned but as a man of my word I figured I would send a quick update as promised. Saw rams but couldn’t get on them. Monsoon season was real all month long. Had a blast, learned a lot. Can’t wait to hopefully do it again someday.

Season didn’t go as planned but as a man of my word I figured I would send a quick update as promised. Saw rams but couldn’t get on them. Monsoon season was real all month long. Had a blast, learned a lot. Can’t wait to hopefully do it again someday.

My first go-around went about the same - I spent nearly all my time in the area where I saw rams during scouting and where a friend had killed a ram during a rifle hunt. The 2nd time I drew the tag, I went where the CPW data said most rams were killed and got it done on the 2nd day.

I'll second the RMBS site - it's not very active, but there are some threads you could mine for intel.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Djulson
Back