Caribou Gear

Shed Hunting Success

Buschy

I went out last weekend to check up on an area I don't hunt often. It's a good spot, but there are simply too many good spots to hit them all!! Khunter and Dinkshooter found some REALLY good bucks here in December. I found five sheds, a matched set and missed a long shot at a coyote! With a 19 inch inside spread this buck scored 164 and change. I would love to get within bow range of him this fall, but I am told there are bigger ones in this area.;)

It was good to get out. Pike fishing and turkey hunting this weekend:hump:

As they lay.
IMG_0037.jpg

Another shot.
IMG_0040.jpg

Scenery shots.
IMG_0042.jpg
IMG_0043.jpg

Why not give him a 25 inch spread and call it 170 even?;):D

Dont tell me they were that close to each other?:cool:

Possibly him?

P1010588.jpg

Please post the lat lon and best way to hunt the area so we can all swarm the area. :D
Nice find!

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great looking set! Love the color!!!!!!

Now if only we could convince Dink to post some shed pictures.......too cool for school I suppose......

I went out last weekend to check up on an area I don't hunt often.

Evidently you don't hunt that area when your buddy Fin is with you. I'm thinking you were sandbaggin' on us when we were filming that polar mule deer hunt. Saving this spot for after we left, eh? ;)

Maybe payback for our camera crew blowing your chances on those big AZ bulls. I understand, but you were telling me that you had taken us to what you call your hot spot, then go shed hunting and find stuff like these in your "fall back" areas. Sheesh. :D

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!! Thats a great looking set! Love the color!!!!!!

Now if only we could convince Dink to post some shed pictures.......too cool for school I suppose......

After I get my apps in I will try and crop that pic. I am almost positive that is him.

Dink's shed season so far.............. 10 or so mixed dink whites and a sweet year old 4 pt elk set. The hills have not been kind to me.

I just spent the last 3 days looking and found 0.........there is also a fairly new Sitka 90% coat laying somewhere in the PJ of NW Colorado:mad:

Nice set! I wish I found them that close together more than once every 15 years.

Dink's shed season so far.............. 10 or so mixed dink whites and a sweet year old 4 pt elk set. The hills have not been kind to me.

I just spent the last 3 days looking and found 0.........there is also a fairly new Sitka 90% coat laying somewhere in the PJ of NW Colorado:mad:

Makes me feel less bad about having not gotten out yet....

Dinkshooter,

That does look like him. I am looking forward to you cropping that picture and posting it.

I have found four matched sets over the years and usually they are laying withing a couple feet of each other, but have never I found them laying inside of one another!! I found them where it starts to level out a bit, just to the north of where I believe you took that picture.

My crown jewel of the year that scores less than Buschy's sheds. Does getting behind them make them look big?

P1010924.jpg

Buschy I actually took that picture on the South side of the main road the first morning, when we were waiting to meet up with you. He was on a hot doe though so he probably does live on the North side.

Better than any elk sheds I've found this year. I'm up to two little muleys forks on the year:rolleyes:. We keep getting pounded with storms, plus we have lots of winter closures in my area that don't open until April 15 or May 1.

Cool find Buschy!!!

Muley sheds are tough to find out their. I found that out the hard way a couple of weeks ago. I am thinking the heavy winter snow cover had the deer pushed out of their normal area. I am not sure what was going on, and it wasn't for a lack of effort. Fun weekend either way.

My on find :eek:
Shed hunt 2010 (4).jpg

A couple bucks taking it easy.
Shed hunt 2010.jpg

Dink, you were sandbagging! You said it was a 4x4, but I'm pretty sure it's a 5x5!

Nice shed Hardscrabble. I am sure you guys will keep tabs on those bucks over the summer. One of them may be the bruiser you have been hunting for a few years.

Hardscrabble I'm with you with shed hunting! spent 5 hours going up and down the hills of the badlands and only 1 shed

You guys are making it awful hard for guys like me to stay out of your backyard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back