Selling a shotgun or two

Nunyacreek

What are anyone's thoughts about the " best" place to sell a shotgun or two? I have a couple of Browning Auto-5's that I will never use and would like to make some room in the safe. I see lots of local gunshops offering to buy guns but the only time I sold stuff there it seemed very low-priced. Gunbroker is an option I suppose but I am not excited about the shipping payment options. I could certainly post them here but again I am inexperienced in how to conduct a transaction that is not face to face. Any strong opinions out there?

GunBroker was easy. I took payment by USPS money order and shipped by USPS. Then GunBroker sold out and the new owners started nickel and dime-ing us to death.

I've stopped selling except local classified with face to face sale very near my home. Sales have really slowed down these days. It's probably best to hold on to your guns until the economy picks back up.

@Nunyacreek Have you tried selling on here? On HT? I have sold stuff on here as well as at local shops. The couple that I sold at local shops were brand new never fired, and so they were able to get top dollar for them while me still giving them a 10% consignment fee for holding them at their shop.
Both avenues have worked well for me.
I am an A5 fan, and their are several on here. Good luck selling!!

Selling a long gun is VERY easy.

Advertise here and on other forums. I have heard that 24hrcampfire, for all it's ugliness, has a lot of traffic on it's classifieds.

Then, as described by @howl, accept USPS money orders and ship your gun by USPS priority mail. You will need a copy of an FFL that the buyer chooses near him or her. You must ship to the address on the FFL (NOT THE BUYER). If the buyer is in California, you will need to find an FFL on your end to do the shipping, but for most states it is direct from you to your buyer's FFL.

When shipping long guns, if at all possible, take the barrel off, and package it with extreme care so it cannot hit the stock while being roughly handled during shipping.

Yep try on a few hunting forums. Shipping via USPS is simple however the local office may give you flack because they don't know their own rules. FedEX and UPS now require shipments go through an FFL regardless of where it's going. The last rifle I shipped via UPS from an FFL cost me over $75.

Depending on where you're located you may find someone here willing to meet face to face.

Back