Seed planted, hope to get back to Montana!

devon deer

Yep, i thought i would casually drop it into conversation when we had friends around for dinner, they asked why i had taken up archery, i said that Montana owed me an Elk!
Although i got a strange look from my wife on the whole i think it worked (i dropped a hint before but i don't think she took me seriously!), watch this space, i will give it a few days and drop another hint!
In truth if i do get the go ahead it it will be with rifle the reason is:
a) I can't afford a compound bow (twice the price in the UK)
b) It wouldn't be fair on the Elk if due to my lack of experience with archery i injured one.
If it gets approval from my wife it will no doubt be the last time i try, no deer this time, just Elk, in 2014 i will be 54 and i have started to get a few age related pains.
Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
I'm betting she comes around. Just start driving her crazy daily. She'll think a 2 week vacation is just what you need :)

I am glad that I don't have that problem at my house.
My Wife knows that I am going Elk hunting someplace ever year.
The only questions she ever asks is.
1 where are you going this year,
2 when are you leaving,
3 when will you be back
4 who is going with you.

I love my Wife, she is a special Lady.

And at 54 you should have no problems, I am 61 workout about 4 times or more a week, and plan on still chasing Elk into my 70s.

Good Luck, I hope you get to go.

Kevin

Last edited:
Just buy the plane tickets, and worry about the consequences later...

Hit the nail on the head!

Who wears those pants in your household anyways Richard?
Life's for living not worrying about what your wife will think about your next hunting trip. If you want to do it, just get it done.

Sometimes seeds bear fruit! My friend Sanford, was given tags by his wife and kids for his 60th birthday. After an unsuccessful archery hunt, his wife thought his elk bug should be satisfied for a year. However, after a few timely seeds were planted, she bought him another plain ticket and sent him out to hunt again.

Your a wise man to give the seeds time to germinate! :)

Attachments

• IMG_1131.jpg
    IMG_1131.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 743
  • IMG_1272.JPG
    IMG_1272.JPG
    355.1 KB · Views: 748
Thanks for the thoughts and advice chaps, some dangerous tips though!:eek:
I will keep you updated on my progress.
Cheers
Richard

Just got the go ahead, kind of.
I am taking my good wife for a week away somewhere hot in April with sandy beaches in Europe, not my kind of thing but needs must.
I stated i am planning on returning to Montana October 2014 on my own, her reply was 'i will come with you' which is not what i wanted to hear as she does not hunt and has no interest in it.
Soon put her off by saying it will be cold and no hotels involved!
So now i have to start planning and saving once more for another trip, maybe see some of you then.
Cheers
Richard

Hit the nail on the head!

Who wears those pants in your household anyways Richard?
Life's for living not worrying about what your wife will think about your next hunting trip. If you want to do it, just get it done.

just remember that havgun come mid aug 2014 lol

richard you have your plane ticket in hand for the elk trip ?

just remember that havgun come mid aug 2014 lol

richard you have your plane ticket in hand for the elk trip ?
Hi JBM,

I didn't take Havegun advice, give and take in a marriage as far as i am concerned, 28 years and still happy must mean we are doing something right!

Airfare, probably book it late like i did last time, going to try for Delta again as they are more sensible in relation to transportation of firearms, British Airways now want to charge an additional handling fee of $75 for the ammo, $75 for the gun then $100 for extra bag in relation to the gun!
I think there might be an anti in charge of British Airways!
Probably cheaper to buy a gun and ammo in Montana!

Cheers

Richard

It's a done deal with the wife, taking her here for a 1 week break in March, no fishing ( i might sneak in a fly rod for some salt water fly fishing!) or hunting but right up her street, my idea of a nightmare but needs must!
Had lots of unexpected bills lately but the draw of an Elk hunt in MT far out weighs the doubts i briefly had as to whether i could afford it.
I see you have had some serious weather over there, my country has been hit by storms and floods, luckily we live on a hill and only suffered slight wind damage, but in other parts of the south they are still under water after several weeks.
Now where did i put my credit card?
Cheers
Richard

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
240shooter
Back