Season Two - Episode One: Locked and Loaded

Big Fin

Administrator
Staff member
Well, the time has come to make some official announcements.

We are ready to start rolling and take off from where we ended last season. Season One was a smash hit in all respects, and I am getting a ton of emails and PMs about Season Two, so I figured I better get with the program.

Our airtimes for 2010 are listed below. As has always been the case, Outdoor Channel is the TV home of On Your Own Adventures.

Wednesdays - 11:00 am
Thursdays - 10:30 pm
Sundays - 3:00 pm

All times being Mountain Time.

The first episode airs Wednesday, June 30th. One week from today.

This first episode is a Montana elk hunt that took place on one of the many national forests of Montana. You will get to see Bart "Lawnboy" May call up a big nasty bull and allow me to sneak in and........well, can't tell all the details.

In Season One, you saw Lawnboy take an elk on a different National Forest. That pack our was a killer. This pack out was a grunt, as all elk packing tasks are.

If you want to read the day-by-day account of that hunt, here it is. Montana Elk - Episode One.

Hope you enjoy this one. I know I sure did. Thanks to all who helped, especially Bart, Troy, and Loren.

And if you want to see a teaser clip, here it is. Montana Elk Clip.

I don't mean to question your expert opinion on the times and dates for the show, but my Bresnan guide is showing Buckmaster's, Beyond the Hunt, and Expedition Safari at those respective time slots.

The teaser was great. Is it normal for elk to still be bugling during rifle? I didn't hunt elk the early part of rifle season the last two years.

I don't mean to question your expert opinion on the times and dates for the show, but my Bresnan guide is showing Buckmaster's, Beyond the Hunt, and Expedition Safari at those respective time slots.

Hmmm. Just looked at my confirmation from OC. I will check with them tomorrow. Could be a Bresnan problem. I will check my Direct TV guide when I get to it.

The teaser was great. Is it normal for elk to still be bugling during rifle? I didn't hunt elk the early part of rifle season the last two years.

I wouldn't say it's normal but it can happen. It's been my experience that you generally have better luck with them still bugling if you have a large number of cows in the area. There were a lot of elk around when Randy shot his. At least another 40 that you couldn't see on film. My theory is that the more cows the greater the chance they weren't bred the first go round. It seems that you have more of a chance of having some cows that are still smelling yummy:D But what do I know. They were still bugling while we were filming and doing the cutting up and pack out. Next time I will put in as a party with that lucky guy.

My Dish Network guide does not show OYOA at those times next week either....

Well, I am happy to see that they don't have Shockey, or any of the other shows in the proper slots as of this time. Not just OYOA. Whew.

Thinking someone at Outdoor Channel might want to contact these carriers so the schedules can be updated.

Sounds good. I may give them a call. However, my wife is nagging me about cutting cable to save money for our unborn (AND unconceived) child, so it may not matter. I was able to successfully fend her off during college football. Then the hockey playoffs showed up followed by the Masters and the World Cup, but I'm not sure I can stretch it out any longer. May have to end up buying the dvds.

Sorry Big Fin I dropped the Direct TV I was paying $1200.00 a year to watch a few hunting shows and the news. I figured I could apply for a few more out of state hunts with the extra money. When can we buy season 2 DVD?

Damn it! Now I have elk fever --- Too darn early! I have to pace myself with these "teaser clips" Haha! Tooo funny, wife knows when I get that "rut-ro" going - needless purchases, UPS shipments... - Gotta pace myself... As I do in... well, eh, - Just gotta think of Kirk Gibson hitting that Grand Slam HR and thrusting his fist as he jogs the bases... June 23rd - only a couple months - "I think I can, I think I can..."

Sounds good. I may give them a call. However, my wife is nagging me about cutting cable to save money for our unborn (AND unconceived) child, so it may not matter. I was able to successfully fend her off during college football. Then the hockey playoffs showed up followed by the Masters and the World Cup, but I'm not sure I can stretch it out any longer. May have to end up buying the dvds.

That was hilarious!!!:D:D

Nice teaser Randy.

Moe;)

Back