PEAX Equipment

SD Question

Jappenz617

Good evening, I've searched the endless internet and either I've overlooked my answer, I'm blind, or it's just not there so I'll post my question here. I have some points for SD WRD and BHD as a NR. I have already put in for a WRD unit which may be tough for an NR to get a tag. If, by chance, I put in for both seasons (BHD and WRD) and drew both tags, is there a tag return option with preference point restoration? The odds are stacked against getting both tags but figured I'd ask that "what if" question if I do decide to put in for BHD. Thanks in advance for any input.

If you draw both, wrd is for two weeks and bhd is for the whole month of November. So you could pull it off in a big road trip (I've done it before) . I would reach out to SD GFP.

I've thought about that big road trip, wife would have my a** though. My next step was a call to GFP tomorrow. Thanks for the reply.

If you put in for any deer in the hills, a NR would need 10+ PPs. An any whitetail tag is about 2 PPs to draw. All of this info can be found in "past draw statistics" option on the GFP website.

SD Drifter is correct. If you draw 1st choice there is no point restoration. You maybe able to return the tag and get your money back, but no points are restored.

Good evening, I've searched the endless internet and either I've overlooked my answer, I'm blind, or it's just not there so I'll post my question here. I have some points for SD WRD and BHD as a NR. I have already put in for a WRD unit which may be tough for an NR to get a tag. If, by chance, I put in for both seasons (BHD and WRD) and drew both tags, is there a tag return option with preference point restoration? The odds are stacked against getting both tags but figured I'd ask that "what if" question if I do decide to put in for BHD. Thanks in advance for any input.

What the h*ll are you talking about? Point's for SD WRD and BHD as a NR? WRD unit which may be tough for an NR to get a tag?

Don
It takes points in SD for a NR to draw buck tags in both those units especially the any deer in Black hills.

Last edited:
South dakota, Black Hills Deer, and West River Deer.

I pray for that scenario every year. Lol.

What unit did you put in for? I’m in for any Whitetail in the hills and WRD.

I burned my BHD points last year tho.

I pray for that scenario every year. Lol.

What unit did you put in for? I’m in for any Whitetail in the hills and WRD.

I burned my BHD points last year tho.
How'd you do in the hills? I put in for any deer wr, i should have a chance with 4 pps.

I got a nice wide 4x4. Saw an amazing amount of deer compared to what I’m used to.

I have 5 for WR, so o should draw as well.

Reactions: LCH
Just put my wife in for west river and hills deer. Won’t draw the hills tag but got a real good chance at west river whitetail tag. With 4 points and your user name I have a good idea for the unit that you applied for.. making some assumptions.. if you want pm me and I’ll let you know what I know.

To bad SD doesn’t point share. Would like to go back to the BH soon.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1sockeye2
Back