Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

SD Prairie Antelope draw?

• Thread starter Deleted member 38069
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 38069

I got results for this tag on August 18th last year. Anyone have an idea of when results are released?

Deadline for firearms was 14th according to their website
Yeah, that is wrong. You have to look on the actual application they publish. I'm not sure why the SDGFP has that discrepancy, they did on deer as well.

The 14th was the paper app deadline but not online...

I have max lope bonus points and should start trying to draw a tag one of these year lol
I've never heard of max points in SoDak. I'm not sure it works like that. All levels of points can draw.

I've never heard of max points in SoDak. I'm not sure it works like that. All levels of points can draw.
Correct, its a cubed bonus system. Just stating that I have the maximum amount of bonus points you could have going into the lope draw, which is 12. Maybe someone has more that just hasn't applied yet like myself as I believe its been going on for 15 years now. If you look back over the last few years, no one is actually applying with those absolute maximum points and I don't think anyone exists anymore with those true max points

Correct, its a cubed bonus system. Just stating that I have the maximum amount of bonus points you could have going into the lope draw, which is 12. Maybe someone has more that just hasn't applied yet like myself as I believe its been going on for 15 years now. If you look back over the last few years, no one is actually applying with those absolute maximum points and I don't think anyone exists anymore with those true max points
Preference points not bonus points.

Here was 2019 Draw and I stand corrected. There is someone with 13 points out there. I had 12 this year and have never tried for a tag yet as by the time this draw deadline occurs, I always already have a fall schedule.

1597679401615.png

That's a $100+ in PPs that I can't justify for the hunt. I last drew in 2017 and if I don't draw this year, I will apply in another unit!

That's a $100+ in PPs that I can't justify for the hunt. I last drew in 2017 and if I don't draw this year, I will apply in another unit!
yes, I really agree as most of the lope units have plenty of public land to make it happen and from what I've always seen driving around western SD, it seems the quality of bucks are pretty similar north to south. the harder to draw units just seem to align with more public land.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back