Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

SD/NE Mule Deer Archery

There is some good deer hunting to be had at LaCreek NWR in SD but there are a lot of whitetails. Places like that are far enough away from Rapid that they do not get as much pressure. I was told it takes 8 years to draw a muzzleloader tag there but I did not check to see if it was true. Might be a good spot for an archery hunt.

I googled that one. i might have to drive through there. I wasn’t sure how many places there were to go, but it looks like I need to figure out how to narrow it down.

Last edited:
As resident, I only draw my "preferred" unit every 3-5 years. Non-resident Special Buck tags are unaffected by the new rules. I understand the financial ramifications of shutting out NR, but it's tough to see NR with access to dedicated buck tags while I spend the hunting season videoing deer.
Stepping off my soapbox now, the floor is yours.

As a NR that LOVES to hunt the hills, I appreciate the fact that we can still draw tags. That said, there is no way NR should take any precedence over residents. Especially in "special draw" tags. If anything they should be residents only.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back