MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

SD deer (pic heavy)

mtmiller

Just got back from SD. Lots of fun and only one bad hangover.

Here are a few deer shots.
Opening day family.
P1000992Medium.JPG

Curious doe.
P1010125Medium.JPG

This four was chasing a doe out on the "flats".
P1010093Medium.JPG

Decent mule deer for the area. Hopefully he will make it another year or two, but I am not holding my breath.
P1010088Medium.JPG

I spent one evening in this stack watching a thick area.
P1010134Medium.JPG

Same spot, can you see the buck?
P1010140_cropMedium.jpg

Maybe this will help.;) He is a pretty good buck and I hope he is around next year as well.
P1010135Medium.JPG

Over zoom at 700 yards, but a nice 4 point frame with a split G2. He was in the same area last season and is about identical this season. He better grow some next spring.
P1010147Medium.JPG

A little four point seen on the last evening.
P1010328Medium.JPG

Popular turkey roosting area.
P1010304Medium.JPG

Oh yea, we did kill a couple deer.:D My usual patience led me to shoot this one opening morning. I watched him and another buck for about 10-15 minutes. I am very happy with the buck, but he wasn't the biggest seen during the week.
P1010031Medium.JPG

Anther shot.
P1010043Medium.JPG

I am lucky enough to have a college buddy and good friend that allows me to hunt his land (he would probably be happier if I allowed some of these decent bucks to grow another year before I tug on the trigger).:D Here is what happens when you let them grow up.
P1010247Medium.JPG

I know, he looks like a grumpy bastard for shooting such a nice deer. I finally got him to smile for a picture, but it took me thowing my knife over the camera to get Axl looking the right direction.:D
P1010257_group.jpg

Those are some dandy bucks! I can't say I've ever seen a deer that big in the rifle-public access areas. There are a few of that size running around the archery only areas though. Gotta love that private access you have!

Did you see much for rut activity? From what I've seen the rut is retarded a week or two.

I'll all tagged out with rinky dink bucks, but I'm considering picking up an leftover buck tag.

Minimal rut activity, though picking up. Saw some small bucks harrassing does, but the bigger boys knew it was still a little early.

Awesome as usual. Good looking bucks for the both of you with some really good seed left for next year.

Here is another buck taken by a friend (and brother of the first guy). He passed this buck early, but thought he was headed to neighbors, so he took him a couple days later. Any guess on the score? I was way off.
2007muledeer002.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back