SD deer 2009

mtmiller

Well I got a couple days of hunting in while I was back in SD. The weather was not great for deer hunting, but my buddy tied one up for me to take home.

Always a fun hunt when I am back in SD and I was very appreciative of Mike passing on this guy twice and letting me air him out at 360 yards. When the bullet sailed through and blew dirt up behind him I thought I had blown it and shot over his back. Fortunately he bolted about 10 yards and piled up with a pair of holes high in the lungs.

Good times.

Attachments

• 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 372
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 364
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 365
Great buck, your friend was way nice to pass on that guy, I know I wouldn't have.

Way to go Miller!
I'd be tickled to find one like that, if I ever get out for a WT hunt.

Great buck. I believe I've seen that butte, but maybe they all look alike. Congrats on the deer, is the broken beam a sign that you should get a softer grill-guard?

Very Miller. Not sure you would want to hunt with many guys on this board, as I doubt you would have had a chance to shoot that buck if any of us had seen him first. You must really have some "goods" on Mike, for him to save one like that for you.

Congrats on a great buck.

Very nice buck. Just got back from S.D. pheasant hunt, saw a lot of BIG bucks. How did you get out of state buck tag, have heard in staters have hard time getting rifle tags for bucks.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gauravsingh
Back