sd archery deer.

mnguy152

I am starting to gather info on hunting in sd for archery next year (2011) in the corson county area either mule deer or whitetails. Any info would be great. thank you. PS i donot want gps spot just a jump off point would be nice. thanks alot

Last edited:
Are you getting a reservation tag or a state tag? I would try the Grand River or Missouri River areas.

My wife has a uncle out there with some land so was going to start there then maybe do some ventureing from there. Also never hunted out of state before thats why kinda want a jump on this now instead of behind the 8 ball.lol

I would start by listinging to your wifes Uncle. The ranchers usually know just about everything thats going on on their land. I would also hunt near the food sources like winter wheat and alfalfa and maybe set up a ground blind. Just remember to stake it down really good or the wind will blow it away. Also if there is standing corn the deer will be bedding in it.

how is it out there on the public land? lots of people during the early season or you have the place to youself

Most of the public land has a little pressure on the archery opener and maybe the pheasant opener otherwise nothing until the rifle season.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back