MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Scouting trips

wytex

Just thought I would post a short note, if you're coming out for a summer scouting or informational trip, look up some of the festivals and events in the towns you'll be near.
Lots of local brewfests, some more family friendly than others. Cheyenne Frontier Days, July 20-29 with free Thunderbirds Air Show, Laramie Jubliee Days, July 7-15 with street dances and brewfest. Steinley Cup Brewfest in Saratoga, Aug 18, and many more.
The Steinley Cup in Saratoga is very family friendly, no pets though. They have a chili cookoff of sorts and salsa contest, both judged by people's choice votes. It is the state championship brewfest for Wyoming .

Many small towns have weekly events too, farmer's market every Friday afternoon in Laramie. First Thursdays in Douglas, Cody has shootouts in front of Irma Hotel and rodeos.

Bring the family out to see where you'll be hunting !!

Hmm.. I might have to plan a camping trip in the Saratoga area that coincides with the Steinley Cup.

Thanks for the information. I will be working Douglas/Cheyenne in mid-July and we plan to see the rodeo on July 22nd, have already bought tickets and got a room. Douglas CoC puts a couple great wild game feeds in early October, I would recommend it also.

Hmm.. I might have to plan a camping trip in the Saratoga area that coincides with the Steinley Cup.

We usually get a hotel room and start our archery antelope season off the next morning.
The brewfest is on the Island Park and very family friendly. No big distributors there, only Wyoming breweries and a couple of distillers . Steaks on the grill in the parking lot of hotel and hobo hot spring pool for an after soak.

We usually get a hotel room and start our archery antelope season off the next morning.
The brewfest is on the Island Park and very family friendly. No big distributors there, only Wyoming breweries and a couple of distillers . Steaks on the grill in the parking lot of hotel and hobo hot spring pool for an after soak.

That sounds like a lot of fun. When I saw the dates, I was kinda kicking myself for not picking up an area 52 doe tag. It was on the short list, but I went with another unit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back